right off

choppernorgate
This post is 5565 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi well after the crash i had on 24th dec ive just told that my xjr1300 08 is no good and offerd me £5000 well i cant get

a new bike with that so i going for a fjr1300 03 reg if u got one let me know if they got bad points and thanx to u all who gave me surport im still off work hopefuly not more then a wk or 2 more well thanx again

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Decline the £5000 ... tell them that you need more to replace it and send them in adverts of how much a like for like bike costs in your area.

I did the same with a car that got wrote off a number of years ago. They offered me £3200 and we settled on £5500 when I proved I can't by a replacement with what they were offering.

In the first year of a cars life most reputable insurance companies will replace with brand new if written off. Is this not the case with motorcycle insurance? Certainly decline the first offer, robbin barstewards :angry: .

insurance companies dont try and rip us off do they?

maybe they think you should just go out and buy a nice second hand volvo,,

after all ''if it wasnt for those pesky bikers,, maybe insurance would be cheaper what with them falling off and having cloaking devices'' and such..

oh yes,, of course,

tell them to F**K rite off and replace your bike with one of the same value, you could always add :angry: '' or the boys will be round, and you wont like them when their drunk' :lol:

best o luck.

They should replace an absolute minimum of like-for-like in a non-fault claim.

As all the above, decline their offer and get prices for the equivalent age and model bike, they should replace like with like, they are just trying it on with their first quote

Having said that I found an 08 with 1600 miles for just £5500 Here

i only payed £5150 for it on the 07/07/08 so ive lost £150 spose thats like renting a bike for 6 months doing 5600k thats not bad ha,

the head bearings was sticking abit when i push it forword just befor i got on it so think it a prob with that bike its a lot of waight on the yoke so i think that was the reason for this plus im still off work got another two weeks from today

this is since dec/24 08 so ill get a good claim there.thanx to all

I was well informed that you should never accept an insurance companys first offer. Had a Hodna XL 125 nicked and got the full amount I paid for it 12 months prior to theft after refusing first £750 offer. Similar when old Hodna Prelude written off, got full amount after refusing first laughable offer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online