Ever get withdrawal symptoms?

wild foamy
This post is 5561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone..

ive been off the bike for 5 days because last sunday the headlight decided it didnt want to work, so i had to leave it at my dads house in Hungerford and he is currently replacing the corroded wiring.

and ever since ive been miserable, irritable, lazy and just dont feel right. i want to get out there on a B-road and feel the wind blowing past my visor at 40mph, that bike is my escape, and being without it for 5 days just doesnt feel right... :unsure:

you ever get that when youa re off the road for so long?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep - not ridden since October me - but the cold and ice is not worth killing meself for.

Ill make up for it though when the weather gets milder :D

i havent got a choice, no car so gotta ride whatever the weather :(

my dad didnt bother with cars until he was about 19 though... and considering the price of insurance i will probably do the same :o

I do have a car cos i have kids and i would be really stuck without it as school is the other side of town; but the elder of my 2 daughters goes to senior school in september so i shall be taking the younger one to school on the bike - she'll be the coolest kid there :lol:

I know how ya feel was only home for 8 days in december so not much biking going on ice and holiday makers in knightsbridge tractors sliding all over the road so far this month have kept me off the road til last week, 60 miles trip to see a mate sturday culmineting in a ride home in pissing rain force 8 gale dodging bits of tree marauding wheelie bins, and avoiding the A39 and stupid cagers, got home piss soaking wet cold but happy, and did another 20 miles on tues so getting back at it, but trucking off to europe tomorra so thats it for now

merv

I do have a car cos i have kids and i would be really stuck without it as school is the other side of town; but the elder of my 2 daughters goes to senior school in september so i shall be taking the younger one to school on the bike - she'll be the coolest kid there :lol:

Ah she will love you for that! My Dad took me to my year six prom on his old s*zuki goose, spent the rest of the night with the biggest grin on my face and a right fuck you all attitude :lol:

And when I broke my wrist I had really bad withdrawal, for bikes and playing bass. The second I was out of plaster and into a splint I was back doing both. Probably not a great idea as my wrist throbs whenever I ride or play bass too long but eh, it was worth it :)

I cant ride Elvira yet anyway as im having hest sheld made for her exhaust cos im on my 3rd pair of waterproof keks since the summer :lol:

Hopefully it will be back on monday - why is it you miss riding your bike more when theres something being done to it rather than it just being sat there? lol :D

I cant ride Elvira yet anyway as im having hest sheld made for her exhaust cos im on my 3rd pair of waterproof keks since the summer :lol:

Hopefully it will be back on monday - why is it you miss riding your bike more when theres something being done to it rather than it just being sat there? lol :D

Haven't been out on mine since beginning december. It is 18 years old now but mint and I don't want to take it out in the salt and crap that is littering the roads. She deserves a decent life in her older years!! Really want to take a spin on it though.

just doing my engine at the mo' into a new case, just the thought of not being able to jump on it gets to me.

I do sneak out on the wifes cg though :D

Ride every day.

No withdrawal

Yep - not ridden since October me - but the cold and ice is not worth killing meself for.

Ill make up for it though when the weather gets milder :D

Wow! I thought you were a die hard rider....

Haven't been out on mine since beginning december. It is 18 years old now but mint and I don't want to take it out in the salt and crap that is littering the roads. She deserves a decent life in her older years!! Really want to take a spin on it though.

That's a reasonable excuse I'd say. Normally I'm a firm "bikes are for riding - not for looking at" kinda guy, but at that age - yes I agree.

Ride every day.

No withdrawal

Me too, one way or another.

The salt is a real pain I agree, so I tend to stick to the dirt bike this time of year. It's got so much ACF50 on it it's hard to tell what colour it should be!

I bought a Fizzer 600 last year with the intention of demoting it to a winter hack, but I just don't like it (can't get used to this reving the balls out of something to make it go) so it's sat in the garage since September, it'll get a good polish in the next few weeks then in the 'for sale' sections.

I've a car sitting in the drive, since Christmas it's done just over 100 miles - only use it when I bl00dy well have to, but it has to stay there as work pay for me to have it - stupid isn't it??

Anyway, the sun is out again so I'm off to enjoy our summer, before June comes along and it's all wet'n windy again......

hi everyone..

ive been off the bike for 5 days because last sunday the headlight decided it didnt want to work, so i had to leave it at my dads house in Hungerford and he is currently replacing the corroded wiring.

and ever since ive been miserable, irritable, lazy and just dont feel right. i want to get out there on a B-road and feel the wind blowing past my visor at 40mph, that bike is my escape, and being without it for 5 days just doesnt feel right... :unsure:

you ever get that when youa re off the road for so long?

Hell yeah....twas getting on for about 8wks since I was able to get out on mine, dusted her off and went for a blast to Ravens Cafe last Sunday...wowie...just what the doctor ordered...bin rite depressed over xmas but there's nowt like a thrap out on the bike on a crisp morning a strong brew and a greasy spoon cafe to blow out the cob webs ill tell ye :lol:

Ride every day.

No withdrawal

NO DOUBT!.......Only way to fly! :thumb:B)

I HATE withdrawls from Riding!.......I turn into a cantankerous Ogre if I'm off my bike for more than 2 weeks :unsure::lol:

Sure glad I've got TWO bikes ready for duty @ any given time now. B)

NO DOUBT!.......Only way to fly! :thumb:B)

I HATE withdrawls from Riding!.......I turn into a cantankerous Ogre if I'm off my bike for more than 2 weeks :unsure::lol:

Sure glad I've got TWO bikes ready for duty @ any given time now. B)

was going out on sr500 today,got a skip dumped out side my garage for some building work.

Withdrawl syptoms have been cured. Just taken the old girl for a 50 mile ride. Bloomin 'ell, for a little 250 2 smoke she bloody well flies, forgot how quick it can go when you peg it flat out through the gears and boy does it handle sweet. Lovely sunny and dry day down here in Kent but still a bit of road crap on her so will get a lovely scrub at the weekend.

Yah I got's a 250 2 smoke too, dt 250, and it's been snowing or negative 1 degree here for past 4 days. I just got my first motorcycle about 3 weeks ago too making the convert from years of scooters and mopeds. Even with the scooters it bothered me when i couldnt ride them, but the motorcycle is absolutely killing me. It also has to do with my mom not letting me have a motorcycle first 16 years of my life, then I lost interest at that age (girls and partying took over) , and by the time in my life when I was old enough to do whatever as well as finacially being able to afford one I started on vintage mopeds and scooters which are great, but I need some gears to really keep me happy. 20 is supposed to be the high today: (

i have to ride whatever the weather, I've spent 16 years catching lifts off people and they are either late or take "detours" to do the shopping first or pick up a mate or other stuff, i can't stand to wait for people screwing around so now i have my own transport :D

i love my little DT really, sure it breaks down a lot and i keep falling off it, but it gives me independence to go where i want and when i want... think i may have to let it go though :(

Withdrawl syptoms have been cured. Just taken the old girl for a 50 mile ride. Bloomin 'ell, for a little 250 2 smoke she bloody well flies, forgot how quick it can go when you peg it flat out through the gears and boy does it handle sweet. Lovely sunny and dry day down here in Kent but still a bit of road crap on her so will get a lovely scrub at the weekend.

Ya, A Nice day in the "Garden of England" About time it`s been real mucky of late,

Had the TD on the beach(Leysdown), Then shot off on the M2 with the GS,

God i love this biking game.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online