What makes a streetfighter?

wild foamy
This post is 5488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Those a re VERY nice bikes indeed metal ken. The BMW looks the dogs danglies B)

Shed Hermit - i am sorry if you feel i was having a pop at you - but yeah im passionate about them. Stick around a bit, get to know me and you'll find im an abrupt little shite :lol: I mean no harm

WF - you got it - just tighten my leash every now and then eh :P;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

street fighters 20yrs ago this was my street fighter even pannier for personal weapon, pity i was to old to stay in the army any longer

mb2800x600.jpg

Shed Hermit - i am sorry if you feel i was having a pop at you - but yeah im passionate about them. Stick around a bit, get to know me and you'll find im an abrupt little shite :lol: I mean no harm

WF - you got it - just tighten my leash every now and then eh :P;)

hey your female after all :) i will stick around until you DELETE me :lol: as you can see by now i was just giving foamy a bit of advice so he didnt buy a pig in a poke or even hurt himself on a dangerous bike, he is only young and if sombody had gave me advice in buying a bike at his age i may be a richer man today.

YOUR APOLOGY IS ACCEPTED :D

Ooh, got any pics of the blackbird fighter? :D

I'l have a look for ya

Cheers dude,

Here's the latest pic of the ZZR, Looks a bit out of proportion from the angle and without the tank, just getting everything mocked up, then will polish it up (machine polish) and paint, it has got a USD front end, single sided back end, german seat unit, Led lights, projector headlights, micron exhaust system, will hopefully have it finnished by the start of the spring (my winter bike is too slow) and make a turbo kit for it in the summer.

102_18422.jpg

Started like this but with more fairing

SP_A0579.jpg

Ken

only bad thing is insurance at my age... for a 400cc FZR it will be around £500 third party only, hence why i want to go for a 250 because they are only about £200 TP F&T

would it be possible to fighter a CB250? or possibly even an XS250?

You can fighter nearly anything, there are a lot of cool parts that can bolt onto different models of bikes, and there are some modifications that are easy and look good,

if you get a bike, post a pic of it and i'l tell you what i would do to it.

Good luck, Ken

oh ive got plenty of weird and wonderful ideas for fightering it, all i need now is a 250 frame/bike, a spanner and a sketch pad :)

Found a NSR frame on evilbay, looks like it would be ideal :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-NSR-250-NSR250...%3A1|240%3A1318

you ever get things like turbos for fighters?

Theres alot of bandit 1200's around that look amazing seems anything can fit a streetfighter if you want it to so the skies your limit.

for some of the work involved it can be very expensive !

There was a time when people who'd crashed their sport-ish style bikes Fightered them because it was cheaper than rebuilding.

However, neither the term nor style originated here.

It's mostly modding for reasons of handling, performance and function.

Wiki will have some info about it, I'm sure.

• 1 month later...

You can fighter nearly anything, there are a lot of cool parts that can bolt onto different models of bikes, and there are some modifications that are easy and look good,

if you get a bike, post a pic of it and i'l tell you what i would do to it.

Good luck, Ken

Ken Scott here I purchased a fj1200 1990 i have removed all the front fairings and am rerouting wiring.Do you think the electrical system will support 2 --5 3/4 h4 halogen headlights. You seem to have some experience with this process.

Ken Scott here I purchased a fj1200 1990 i have removed all the front fairings and am rerouting wiring.Do you think the electrical system will support 2 --5 3/4 h4 halogen headlights. You seem to have some experience with this process.

You are better off asking that question in the tech help section

Projects of the hubby's

Fighter1.jpg this is number 1

Finished1-1.jpg number 2

DSCF0066.jpg number 3 already stripped down and in pieces to be transformed into a streetfighter

Nice bikes Yamigirl - is your hubby on Old Skool Suzuki? I recognise the gawwwwwjussss number 2 from there im sure?

Its the ones who have smashed in their sportsbikes, stuck a set of renthals on and called it a fighter that give the rest a bad name.

I always thought that the term Streetfighter was coined for the people who smashed their streetbikes expensive farings and just stuck a pair of Renthalls on to get them back on the road as cheaply as possible. People who like to mess about building "mini specials" then saw this and thought they could do a better job by doing it intentionally, and (most times) making a much better job of it than the "chuck a set of Rethalls on it" brigade.

All well and good.

But.

They are all Streetfighters. Some are a lot better made than others, but they are all streetfighters. If they arent, how do you decide the criteria for deciding wether its a Streetfighter or not? How much work has been done on it, if so how many hours make it a streetfighter? Would one hour under NOT make it one?

Is it how much money has been spent on it, if so how much makes a streetfighter, and would a pound under not make it one?

Do you HAVE to use parts from another bike, if so how many and what proportion of the total makes it a SF, and would one point less not make it one?

I see your point, you are trying to differentiate yourself from the "Chuck a set of Renthalls on it" crowd, because you probably spend a lot of time, money and effort on your SF, very understandable.

But is doesnt make it any more of a SF than a smashed R1 with Renthalls and a push bike light.

It does however make it better built, more desirable and nicer looking SF than an R1 with Renthalls and a push bike light.

In my opinion, a smashed bike with a set of renthalls on it becomes a sreetfighter because of what it was ( a sportsbike), and what it is now (back on the road very cheaply with upright bars and no faring), thats what a Streetfighter originally was.

A sportsbike that has for example, not been smashed up and has got a non standard single sider fitted, high non standrd cool back end, gold inlay, top spec forks, turbo/supercharged/N2O injection, expensive exquisite paint and murals, etc, etc, with renthalls on it, is more of a Special isnt it?

Im not sure why people think a streetfighter is made up of a sports bike because this isnt the case there is a BSA which has been made into a streetfighter basically its what ever bike you have that you want to do up. As for how much time is spent on them well my hubby tends to take about a year and a truck load of cash but its his hobby and he loves it and might i add he is friggin good at it too :rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online