Fazer 1000 clock fault

madscuba
This post is 5565 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys i need help please

I have a 51 plate fazer 1000 and the clock and trip doesn't keep time or milage.

Every time i turn ignition off trip sets to Zero and clock sets to 100 but the main milage is ok.

I have spoken to a yamaha dealer and they say that there is no lithium battery to hold the memory

Does anyone know any different

Help appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If there was no internal battery, ask them to explain how the odo keeps a record of the mileage seeing as that is also digital :blink:

Hi guys i need help please

I have a 51 plate fazer 1000 and the clock and trip doesn't keep time or milage.

Every time i turn ignition off trip sets to Zero and clock sets to 100 but the main milage is ok.

I have spoken to a yamaha dealer and they say that there is no lithium battery to hold the memory

Does anyone know any different

Help appreciated

Thanks

Dave

hello Dave,

you a Diver too?

On your Fazer try to find out what wire supplies a permanent 12volt supply to the clocks.

this is there to keep the memory of your clock and trip etc.

see if there are any broken or loose wires going up to the clocks as i am not sure if there is a fuse in the fuse box for this circuit which could have blown.

if you can drop me an e-mail to: [email protected]

tomorrow and i will have a look on my cd-rom manuel or in the haynes manuel.

failing this i will strip my Fazer 1000 down and have a probe about with a multi meter.

hope this helps

Marcus

ride it like you stole it!

Could be a lose battery conection or a bad live power conection on the circuit board in the meter unit , or even your battery could be on it`s way out.

Hiya marcus ...... you just beat me to it !!

Red green wire is the live feed to the unit, should run from a 10Amp back up fuse some where under the seat ?? (i think !! )

Good thoughts but it still doesn't explain why the odo doesn't reset :rolleyes:

If the battery is disconnected, the odo would reset as well unless there was an internal supply.

There should be an internal battery within the unit - it's the same unit as the R1 and R6 which both have an internal battery.

As far as I know the 2001 - 2005 Fazer Thou unit is not the same unit as the R1 or R6 but like you say , it will have a back up battery for the odo unit.

Trouble is , most of the time, people don`t come back and tell you what they have done to cure the problem.

The internals are the same as the 99-05 R6 and R1, just the cowlings that are different.

Could be a lose battery conection or a bad live power conection on the circuit board in the meter unit , or even your battery could be on it`s way out.

Hiya marcus ...... you just beat me to it !!

Red green wire is the live feed to the unit, should run from a 10Amp back up fuse some where under the seat ?? (i think !! )

hi Steve.....you sound like you have a decent idea of what you are talking about to me buddy.

good call.

by the way if any of you guys are up for a spankin trick set of new adjustable brake and clutch levers for your bikes, i have just fitted a pair of Trak Tek ones to my 01 Fazer 1000.....34 quid a piece from Busters accessories....they are the dogs danglies! highly reccomend em.

all the best boys

Marcus

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay but been buissy at work thanks for all the replys i will look into it deeper and if i find anything i will get back to you all and let you know how i get on

Thanks again

Dave

hi Steve.....you sound like you have a decent idea of what you are talking about to me buddy.

good call.

by the way if any of you guys are up for a spankin trick set of new adjustable brake and clutch levers for your bikes, i have just fitted a pair of Trak Tek ones to my 01 Fazer 1000.....34 quid a piece from Busters accessories....they are the dogs danglies! highly reccomend em.

all the best boys

Marcus

Allways thought the speedo on the R1 & R6 was a digital unit ?

The odo, trip and clock electronics are exactly the same.

What happens when you start your bike ? do all the lights dim? is there plenty of life in the battery? is it cold? how often do you run the bike? is it everytime the ignition goes off or just when you start it after a long stand?

I've had this same problem on a few different bikes and every time it is the battery, when the stater motor kicks in, it takes all available power so the 12v feed to the clocks is disrupted for a second - enough to reset the clock and the trip.

The odo doesn't require power to keep it's value, this information is kept on a non-volatile chip.

Hi

I use the bike every day in all weather to comute to and from work,there is plenty of life in the battery and when starting the lights do not dim

The clock and trip reset every time the ignition is turned of but the main odometer keeps the milage

Thanks

Dave

What happens when you start your bike ? do all the lights dim? is there plenty of life in the battery? is it cold? how often do you run the bike? is it everytime the ignition goes off or just when you start it after a long stand?

I've had this same problem on a few different bikes and every time it is the battery, when the stater motor kicks in, it takes all available power so the 12v feed to the clocks is disrupted for a second - enough to reset the clock and the trip.

The odo doesn't require power to keep it's value, this information is kept on a non-volatile chip.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online