Help removing the calipers: XS1100

lison766
This post is 5570 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get my calipers off the mounting brackets to replace the pads but they wont seem to come off! They caliper moves in the bracket but they don't pull out! Am I missing a step here or something?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's probabaly a lip on the brake disk and the pads wont clear it, you will have to push the pistons back in to the housings a bit, to allow the pads to clear the lip. A big screw driver will do the job but you will damage the brake pads.

Adam

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get my calipers off the mounting brackets to replace the pads but they wont seem to come off! They caliper moves in the bracket but they don't pull out! Am I missing a step here or something?

Thanks

There is a philips screw on the inside of the caliper that holds onto the pads which do NOT come off with the caliper. You must remove the screw to get them off as the pads don't come off the brackets until the caliper is off.

There is a philips screw on the inside of the caliper that holds onto the pads which do NOT come off with the caliper. You must remove the screw to get them off as the pads don't come off the brackets until the caliper is off.

Right this is really difficult to get at with the wheel there. I'll try tomorow to get it off. Thanks for your help.

Mike

should be able to take off the caliper without removing the pad srews!

take off the caliper with the 2 bolts on the fork sliders, the single 13mm black bolt holds the caliper onto the carrier. you can then get access to those pesky screws to take off the pads. they rust in peace all the time and you can either modify a stainless screw with a file, or buy a new kit with H springs and the screw.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online