New Years Resolutions

Goff
This post is 5574 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So come one then - how many of you made them and have managed to stick to hem?

Me - i vowed to get fitter and lose a lil bit of weight.

Ive booked a personal trainer for a week on tuesday - i WILL be fitter in 6 months or dead cos i HATE exercise! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my new years resolution was to lose a little wieght to get my quarter mile times down at westonzoyland this year, but as ive had half a tin of roses for my tea i dont think its gonna happen somehow! theres always next year. :lol:

:offtopic:

Steve, hats off to you, youre young and extremely enthustiastic, you know how an engine works and how to fix it when it doesnt which is a lot more than most kids at your age do...and you only learned tiis stuff through

a: wanting to improve things...and

b: having the occasional mishap along the way

keep on improving and learning ;)

thanks OG, ive always been very inquisative.

when i was younger i used to take things apart and figure out how it all worked, only trouble was putting them back together again.

Can't wait until im in the RAF and get to tinker with bigger things...

wonder if i could bodge a nitrous kit onto a VC-10... :)

wonder if i could bodge a nitrous kit onto a VC-10... :)

The army is better ;)

My lil bro is an avionics engineer in the army and he plays with masssseeeeeev toys all the time - great pay and a great job!

to get out on the bike more often, as the time is fast approaching when i won,t be able too ( tempus fugit!!)

my son goes for his selection interview tommorrow, raf, so i,ve got everything crossed as he really wants to do it, EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW THE ROYAL NAVY is the ONLY place to serve..ted

Good for you. Half my team are ex-forces (I like ex-forces people, not full of sh1t like most people in this industry), 3 ex army, one navy boy and one form the RAF. 'team meetings' usually descend into a p1ssing game, and I have to say I'm more impressed with the RAF's kit than the others.

Resolutions, of course,

We never make them, instead we wait until the misiss goes back to School, which is today (Monday) so here it is;

1) the wine is locked away till Friday.

2) The chocolates are all gone (that's why we wait!)

3) Fruit & Veg order from the Veggie man.

Simple.

Oh, and I've commited to riding the Rievers Trail all the way to Berwick in the summer - on a pushbike! Like Goff, I have a dislike of excersise, but with the lack of a long distance ride on the M'cycle I need something to keep me focused. So looks like I'm on for loosing a few pounds on the run up to summer. Not sure how I'm going to fit it all in, the trail riding takes up so much time :rolleyes:

Next Year - I'm taking the Tenere to the US of A.............

Get back on the 'Goose & work off this spare tire around my middle :rolleyes: ....

PB_Mongoose1.jpg

Outside of that.....

I'm with OG on this one.....

RIDE ALOT MORE!! ;)