how fast is fast?

troyboy
This post is 5512 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45mph.

its all i can squeeze out of my wickle DT, and thats fine, it gets me from A to B and costs £5 in fuel to run for two weeks.

i cant afford to use the brakes because it takes too long to build the speed up again, and after a few minutes you want to get home A.S.A.P because its f*cking freezing

i did break the speed limit once...

was a 30 limit and i was doing 40... i felt like such a bad boy ;)

Yes it all depends on the road. Then if you go fast in a straight line. For example at Santa Pod where its all nice and legal. the more you do it the faster you want to go. You continue to push the boundry. The first time I went over 140 it thought was really fast. Now i could blip up to 160 and want some more.

As for twisties. Hmmm thats another story. Must get a track day booked.

has anyone actually been caught speeding on a bike or caught on a red light?

i never stick to the speed limit and ive deliberatly gone on a red light when its been quite and never got a fine or anything

thats nothing to boast about, jumping reds.

and tbh 140mph's not even and on a 125cc i dont think so. 93mph yeah but not 140mph

mate i got 3 bikes :rolleyes: you wouldnt do 140 on a 125 more like 70

No no no - that is a CYCLIST dear - there is a difference :lol:

Nope...Thats definitely a biker....I was in the pub this afternoon "The Shakespeare" at the side of primark, couldnt stop staring in the windows, my mind must have been playing games with me ;)

"Ahhhh, you lot iz all pussies, coz I haz a 'Busa an' I done 215 round teh M25 an' got mah knee daahhhhhhhhhn, innit?"

Only time I get mine down is when checking the oil.

I've ridden with several fast people and to be honest, I prefer sitting back and riding like a Psychic, rather than a Psycho.

Why do I feel like Psychic?

Well, each of the aforementioned people have come this ][ close to smacking into something because they were riding like twats..... whereas I saw the said somethings waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back and just adjusted my riding to cater for it.

There is no substitute for making the hardest parts seem easy as feck!!

on closed or private roads of course, i think about 140,

but got my little 125 upto just under the ton (2 stroke modified tuned ns125r) never went too fast cause none of the bikes i have had, have decent brakes :D (needed to avoid cage drivers that can't see you at 10mph never mind 100)

Used to get my little 125 right down on the corners, and it is so light i can pick up off the ground, never had the knee down as that is not my riding style. (and always rode in jeans)

But Got so far over one time, I got my whole body to touch the ground :blink:

this may sound stupid, but my speedo stopped working recently & i have no idea what speeds i was hitting on the twisty country roads going to work, but it was quick enough to get the blood pumpin but still be enjoyable.

i think its all in context about the road, the bike, etc.

if it makes u grin, doesnt matter if its 40 or 140 !! :)

But Got so far over one time, I got my whole body to touch the ground :blink:

Painful crash?