Any Mini Enduro JT1/JT2 guru's out there?

giftshopduane
This post is 5155 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have 4 bikes I have finally dug out to start putting together. For now I want to get at least 2 going. As I am looking at the bikes I noticed one has a different frame geometry to it, and the front brake is mounted reverse of the others, I can't make sense of it, the forks are at a steeper angle and the top tub (backbone) has a curve to it rather than a straight tube..

But... the serial number is right in line for a 72' JT2 60cc (JT1-321198..) I thought it might have been an MX but those those start with 0's! Other than that I can't find anything else thats different.. I also found a side cover with a slick factory looking block off cover for the oil injection pump.. and an obvious lack of pump..

Anybody remember that much about these?

thanks

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have 4 bikes I have finally dug out to start putting together. For now I want to get at least 2 going. As I am looking at the bikes I noticed one has a different frame geometry to it, and the front brake is mounted reverse of the others, I can't make sense of it, the forks are at a steeper angle and the top tub (backbone) has a curve to it rather than a straight tube..

But... the serial number is right in line for a 72' JT2 60cc (JT1-321198..) I thought it might have been an MX but those those start with 0's! Other than that I can't find anything else thats different.. I also found a side cover with a slick factory looking block off cover for the oil injection pump.. and an obvious lack of pump..

thanks

Chris

The serial # is for a 1972 with lights, can you send a picture, does the frame have the same serial #

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry I did not see the post sooner..... But I will chime in

The frame on the bike is bent ... that is why the bow is in the top frame member.. It should be

straight. The bent frame will give the forks a differant angle and make the geometry look off from

your other bikes. Heat the frame and bend back straight using a level to verify its flatness.

Also have the lower support (DOWN FRAME) attached on the lower bolt pattern to help align the

bolt hole for the connection point where the Gas tank attaches to the frame. Heat and bend until you can easily

put the bolt through the gas tank bolt hole connection point.. and the frame will be in its correct position.

As for the brake wheel setup, simply take the forks off rotate 180 degrees and reinstall...

You would not believe the stuff I have seen when taking and putting these bikes back together..

some guys are clueless, and should not be messing with thier kids bikes!!

Just this weekend I tore down one of the engines off one of the bikes I am restoring ... the guy had put all the engine

seals in backwards??? The poor bike was draining oil everywhere??? LOL He could not figure why

gas kept coming out of the main magneto seal!!! DUH

Oops forgot to touch base on the oil injector cover!!

It is a after market item that guys used to remove the oil injector system and just run mix gas!

The covers are still available out there on Ebay!! but they are hard to find!

You will definately want to remove the Rotary valve cover and make sure everything is OK inside.

Kids tend to run straight gas when dads not around to mix... This will burn up the Rotary valve and

can cause extensive wear on the Mian bearings!

Mini Enduro Man

Oops forgot to touch base on the oil injector cover!!

It is a after market item that guys used to remove the oil injector system and just run mix gas!

The covers are still available out there on Ebay!! but they are hard to find!

You will definately want to remove the Rotary valve cover and make sure everything is OK inside.

Kids tend to run straight gas when dads not around to mix... This will burn up the Rotary valve and

can cause extensive wear on the Mian bearings!

Mini Enduro Man

Sorry to thread Jack but this is the only thread I found for JT1's Where can I find information on this bike I have a 1972 JT1 and I'm looking for paint codes.. and any other Info I can find on the bike. restoring it with my dad

Sorry to thread Jack but this is the only thread I found for JT1's Where can I find information on this bike I have a 1972 JT1 and I'm looking for paint codes.. and any other Info I can find on the bike. restoring it with my dad

What is the Vin# on your JT1? That way I can tell you what color it was when it came from the factory!

THere are actually only (3) color schemes for the JT1s IF you bike is actually a 1972 Bike.. does it have a head light and taillight?

That could be a trick question too, because alot the kids took the lights off to have thier bike look more like dirt bikes?

There are many ways to tell what bike it really is... Gas tanks were built differant, Air filters differant, frames were differant.... Engines had a number of differant things on them, triple trees were differant!! But the Vin# will be the tell all . and I can send you a picture of exactly what you bike should look like!!

thanks

Chris

Chris,

did you end up selling the bikes?? I am draftingman who was bidding on them on the Ebay auction!

I left messages about shipping to Montana$$ I am still so interested!! I do love these Bikes

Kevin/ Mini Enduro Man

What is the Vin# on your JT1? That way I can tell you what color it was when it came from the factory!

THere are actually only (3) color schemes for the JT1s IF you bike is actually a 1972 Bike.. does it have a head light and taillight?

That could be a trick question too, because alot the kids took the lights off to have thier bike look more like dirt bikes?

There are many ways to tell what bike it really is... Gas tanks were built differant, Air filters differant, frames were differant.... Engines had a number of differant things on them, triple trees were differant!! But the Vin# will be the tell all . and I can send you a picture of exactly what you bike should look like!!

Hey sorry for the delay..

The frame sticker say JT1-065145 manufacture date 4/72 (867)

It doesn't have any lights and I think from the 06 Number in the vin that means its an MX model.

The engine stamp also has the same vin number on it..

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks kyle

or email me at KOCUSTOMSINC @ yahoo. com

• 7 months later...

I am trying to figure out what exactly my first bike was. I am pretty sure it was a Yamaha 60, is there any other info anyone can give me by looking at the photo? It is posted on my profile (I think so anyway, total greeny here) Thanks in advance!

I am trying to figure out what exactly my first bike was. I am pretty sure it was a Yamaha 60, is there any other info anyone can give me by looking at the photo? It is posted on my profile (I think so anyway, total greeny here) Thanks in advance!

Try posting the picture again, I don't see one.

It is on my profile, I don't know how to post it in the thread!

Looks like a JT2, 1972 Yamaha Mini Enduro 60cc

• 1 month later...

The Bike in your profile picture is a 1971 Yamaha JT1L 60CC

It is deifinately not a 1972 JT2.... The JT2 bikes were Either Mandarin Orange with a Yellow stipe,

or the JT2MX which were yellow with a black strip...

If you need any repair manuals or parts Manuals... I have them on PDF I can send you... Just contact

me at [email protected]

Thanks

Kevin/ Mini Enduro Man

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online