xt 350 driveshaft

chappers
This post is 5562 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, is it a daft question to ask if an XT 350 driveshaft can be changed with the engine in frame, or at least without stripping the whole engine down? <_< How easy is it to replace one? Mine's well chewed at the sprocket end and flapping around, any answers please? Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, is it a daft question to ask if an XT 350 driveshaft can be changed with the engine in frame, or at least without stripping the whole engine down? <_< How easy is it to replace one? Mine's well chewed at the sprocket end and flapping around, any answers please? Thanks.

A job best left to the experienced, it cant be done that easily and will require a complete engine strip...sorry to p*ss on your bonfire :(

If you're interested, I've got a complete bottom end that is supposed to be OK. I bought it to spare having to rebuild the bottom end of mine when the crank went but then got offered a complete engine with low miles at a good price, so couldn't refuse really. I wasn't brave enough to tackle rebuilding the bottom end myself.

If your interested let me know, I'm in Cumbria but have had both engines sent by carrier with no problems.

Cheers

If you're interested, I've got a complete bottom end that is supposed to be OK. I bought it to spare having to rebuild the bottom end of mine when the crank went but then got offered a complete engine with low miles at a good price, so couldn't refuse really. I wasn't brave enough to tackle rebuilding the bottom end myself.

If your interested let me know, I'm in Cumbria but have had both engines sent by carrier with no problems.

Cheers

Hi! Thanks for the note. I could well be interested, what's the end of the shaft like? How much are you looking for - and where abouts in Cumbria are you? Happy New Year!

Engine out and full bottom end strip down I'm afraid. There are no short cuts to that particular job.

Engine out and full bottom end strip down I'm afraid. There are no short cuts to that particular job.

Yes, I'm learning! Thanks for the note. Have you done one? Any tips? Cheers

Yep.

Every time you take something out, like a bolt, make a note of where it came from.

Take photos if you can. It helps the re-build loads. I have in the past ended up with vital parts left over :blink:

Also, don't try and remove the engine on your own. get a strong pair of hands to help you. They are tricky beggars to remove from the frame. You will need to lower the lump to the floor and lift the bike off it.

Yep.

Every time you take something out, like a bolt, make a note of where it came from.

Take photos if you can. It helps the re-build loads. I have in the past ended up with vital parts left over :blink:

Also, don't try and remove the engine on your own. get a strong pair of hands to help you. They are tricky beggars to remove from the frame. You will need to lower the lump to the floor and lift the bike off it.

sound advice.thanks

Hope you don't mind me jumping in but I have had the engine in and out of my XT350 3 times on my own with just a trolley jack to take the weight, I also haven't got a paddock stand but I am quite bloody minded when it comes to getting something done.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online