V Star 950

Jayhawk
This post is 5323 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

There is SOME vibration through the footboards - but its a V Twin - theres BOUND to be some vibration!

When im wearing me New Rocks i hardly feel it - when i got me Para boots on i feel it - but it isnt THAT bad.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 650 had a screen that came above my eye level - never had a problem at all. I wouldnt worry too much to be honest, there's nowt in the VCA regs and nowt in the SVA regs either - if it was illegal, it would be in there.

As a matter of interest you dont need a front mudguard for an MOT either, but a lot of folk think you do!

These bike have some slight vibration at idle and low speed,but once your pull back at that throttle you should'nt recieve any vibrations.If you are really concerned l suggest you get your bike look at,l've had my bike for two months without any trouble,fantastic ride,only slight problem is ground clearance with foot boards which taking alittle time to adjust too

These bike have some slight vibration at idle and low speed,but once your pull back at that throttle you should'nt recieve any vibrations.If you are really concerned l suggest you get your bike look at,l've had my bike for two months without any trouble,fantastic ride,only slight problem is ground clearance with foot boards which taking alittle time to adjust too

I'm about to install a screen on my bike,took alot of thought before going ahead,finally decided on a lower type screen,then if required move up to taller,as long as is at least stop as much wind as possible l'll be happy

Oh... that doesn't sound good!! It's a genuine Yamaha screen ordered from the dealer at the time I ordered my bike (they fitted it before collection). Wouldn't have thought Yamaha would sell illegal accessories???? I may have to speak to my dealer about this as if it is illegal I'm not happy they sold me it & let me ride off on the bike from their showroom! (am 5'11" so wouldn't class myself as short)

What a bizzare regulation,if a screen comes up above the riders eyes.It's designed to protect the rider from weather and deflection in the case of flying objects and any manufacturer of screens would not sell a product that wasn't safe to use.As others have said harleys have them and they care be purchased from any yamaha dealer aruond the world for if not all,but most models.

The footboards on the XVS950 are well insulated with thick rubber pads which deaden any unpleasant vibration. I also owned a HD883 sportster in the past and that did produce a lot more vibration.

Harley's are all vibrators on two wheels,that's why harley riders love them and for the sound they make,l've ridin lots of harley's and that's why l don't ride one.

Me too, I am very happy (its tops out at about 110 I think) have a couple of questions:

First bike ever with a windshield, it is little low. Maybe when the weather goes bad I will get a taller one, does any one know if the shield improves the drag? At certain speeds espcially in a crosswind or in traffic there's a lot of buffeting. I may take the shield off as an experiment...

Does anybody know what the power output peak RPM for the 950m is?

I am thinking about adding a tach.

Geoff

Don't need a tacho unless your riding a high performance bike,just listen to your bike and you should know what to do

Well the 1300 spec sheet says 303Kg... I wouldnt want to pick one up

Backing into parking is easy... well compared to my last bike which was a Honda Blackbird it is..

Not sure bout the 950..

A mate of mine who rides a 600 was suppired how easy it was to handle... all the wieght is low down

go on buy one... u know you want to! :-)

Yamaha's 950A wieght is 278 kg with 17 litres of fuel

Saw a 950A on saturday. Nice bike if you want the retro look.

As far as the differences without the obvious power and liquid cooled engine. Its more in the lines and size.

The speedo looks cool following into the lines of the fuel tank. The seating is lower and you are more inside the bike (oh err!).

From what I've read on another forum somewhere you do miss that extra bit of cc which makes a difference in power from mid to top end, apparently. Obviously the top speed is less about 90something.

Thats all I know about 'em, but like pointed out already by the nice folks on here you can buy a 2008 XVS1300A model for roughly the same price.

MIG

I've had my 950A custom for two months,great look & ride,here in oz purchase price 13,000-14,000 on road cost.My decision to purchase this poticualar model was the look as over here probably there to rider on the classic's,my opion is that they are trying to follow the harley style of ride.

Congrad on your purchase. I am waiting for the warmer weather to come around before I make my purchase. This is Australia, that's why. Like to keep track with how you find the 950. Sat on one the other day but have not driven one yet. Please keep us all in touch with your first impressions.

You can ride a 950 at any yamaha dealer thoughout Australia,they have only been imported into the country in the last three months and are selling like hot cakes.I myself have one of the first shipment,had to wait a month for it to arrive,now you can't keep me of it,the weather here is getting better summer is a comming,where in Australia are you

Im not concerned - its a V Twin thing - ive owned them for long enough!

Had mine 7 months - and loving everything about it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Has any one had a chance to sit on one of these yet ? I stopped by the local dealer Saturday and they had two, one a ourer one not - but just as I found them my autistic son had a melt down and we had to leave to calm him down.

Opinions ? reply from PURPLE PLAIN: I previously owned a 2006 Stratoliner. I bought the V Star 950 (tour) about 5 months ago. I find that it has 'roll on' torque similar to the 'Strat' (less wieght?) I always get mileage in the low to high '50's. It's much easier to handle for an eighty year old. I love it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online