tpricey

rs 125

hello there i have a 1979 yamaha rs 125 dx and there are two wires of in the generator and i have found loads of stators for a rxs 100 with cdi but cannot find one for a rs 125 with contact breaker ignition

hello there i have a 1979 yamaha rs 125 dx and there are two wires of in the generator and i have found loads of stators for a rxs 100 with cdi but cannot find one for a rs 125 with contact breaker ignition

You looking for help, or just letting us know...only you didnt say!

You looking for help, or just letting us know...only you didnt say!

i am looking for help as i have not been able to find one and wondered if anybody had one or knew where i could get one

hi there i`m new to the club.

i also have a couple of rs 125 dx type 2a0

one on the road & one in bits. i have the parts list book for ('78) i think its the same

has disc brake so if you don`t have a book just ask if i can help i will.

i`v been searching all over europe managed to get new chaingard/ exhaust

the front and rear mudguards I'm finding very difficult.

anyway if i can help in any i will

all the best glen

i am after a stator for inside the flywheel as there are two wires broken and it looks diffecult to solder back together without melting the electrics and thought it would be easier and more reliable the long run just to replace the generator.

i am after a stator for inside the flywheel as there are two wires broken and it looks diffecult to solder back together without melting the electrics and thought it would be easier and more reliable the long run just to replace the generator.

Hi i`v been looking in the classic motorcycle mechanics mag and there's a add by westcountry windings

web site www.westcountrywindings.com it looks as if they repair ignition stators.

I was going to get in touch with them myself to see if they can make mine into 12v.

hope this helps.

glen

Hi I also have a couple of RS125 dx type 2a0 bikes.

I am looking for a cylinder barrel (don't mind having to rebore)

Pete

Yeah some times the spare parts of bikes are really difficult to find. I think you should keep on visiting your local dealers. They can help you in this regards.

The thread is almost 10 yrs old