Paint Colour

stevie16v
This post is 4986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Original paint codes are no good if its ever been resprayed a different shade at some point.

Easiest thing will be to t-cut a part thats painted and take it to paint shop to have a match made up.

These days most halfords stores are able to do good colour matches using an 'electronic eye' tool which shows them how to match the colour.

Original paint codes are no good if its ever been resprayed a different shade at some point.

Easiest thing will be to t-cut a part thats painted and take it to paint shop to have a match made up.

These days most halfords stores are able to do good colour matches using an 'electronic eye' tool which shows them how to match the colour.

Cheers. It hasnt been resprayed, But i'm wanting to respray it as the fuel tank is not in the greatest of conditions. I'll nip down to my local halfrauds!

• 5 months later...

Similar question here about the same colour paint.. Halfords informed me that normally they don't just match the paint, they start with a manufacturers code to find out about metallic etc and then match it further if needs be..

So, is there a list or source of paint codes anywhere that anyone has come across? Mine is a dark green 1994 SR125 and I know the paint is almost completely the original colour as it's been stored in a garage since 1996, with 850 miles on the clock!

Cheers

James

• 1 year later...

Similar question here about the same colour paint.. Halfords informed me that normally they don't just match the paint, they start with a manufacturers code to find out about metallic etc and then match it further if needs be..

So, is there a list or source of paint codes anywhere that anyone has come across? Mine is a dark green 1994 SR125 and I know the paint is almost completely the original colour as it's been stored in a garage since 1996, with 850 miles on the clock!

Cheers

James

it is worth trying this company out www.rsbikepaint.com they have a vast array of paints but also have at tool to tell you what the paints are for the moddel and year.

....but also have a tool to tell you what the paints are for the model and year.

yep, he's called Kevin :lol:

it is worth trying this company out www.rsbikepaint.com they have a vast array of paints but also have at tool to tell you what the paints are for the moddel and year.

Is that the place in Barnsley ?

I've heard they are very good :)

Last I heard, they have a lady there called Renata ? who is VERY helpful :thumb:

Em B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online