Have you had a FS1E?

MrGix
This post is 5551 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have when i was 15. I'm 39 now and i recently saw my old tatty FS1E 100% restored and for sale for £3400!!!!

I should have kept it and sorted it out!!!

P reg cost me £100 second hand way back when.

Did/have you enjoyed the 4 speed pleasure?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes i did one of the first SS50 models in metallic yella NUO 96M paid £160 for it at a year old in 1975, wrecked it and pxed it for £120for a brand new rd250 a year later

merv

I have when i was 15. I'm 39 now and i recently saw my old tatty FS1E

Did/have you enjoyed the 4 speed pleasure?

Sorry MrGix / never had the fi-ssie,, i had the Garelli Tiger x ; u kno : B) The faster machine :D used to pass the F.s1,e. in 3rd gear , then up in to 4th and it slowed [ unless down hill]

Bet u fissie riders liked the smell o" two -stroke :rolleyes: u always being behind :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Bet u fissie riders liked the smell o" two -stroke :rolleyes: u always being behind :lol:

I also had a MZ simpson 50, tuned way beond its wanting by a cart racers dad/mechanic,he filled in all the ports with some resign and completly changed there shapes....It easerly Pissed all over all 50's 100's and 1 or 2 LC's for the extremely short time it run, it reved so hard it shook its flywheel apart and trashed the ignition.

Fun times, limited restrictions.... I honestly feel gutted for all who missed the wobbley days, they made biking a worthy mission/pleasure! :rolleyes:

,he filled in all the ports with some resign and completly changed there shapes....It easerly Pissed all over all 50's 100's

Fun times, limited restrictions.... I honestly feel gutted for all who missed the wobbley days, they made biking a worthy mission/pleasure! :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeh ur dead right Mr gx . THEM WERE THE DAYS .. Gave us the bug B) , and we had mates that ported their A,P,50s

wot a diff that made. " but 50s are limited by gearing "lack of horse pwr to pull the gears to the max . [ FIND THE THREAD Sprocket in some categorie[workshop] ;) Page 3 on this forum ] interestn reading ..

Yamaha Fs1e Nah never heard of em

ok i was lying ive got 2 but i dont normally admit it a 73 candy gold ss50 ( the fs1e was origionally called the ss ( sixteener special ) untill honda kicked up a fuss ) and the name was changed to fs1e or fs1m or fs1g etc depending on what country/model

this is a little write up from MCN earlier in the year the top picture shows 22 Fs1e's in a row at the billing sports moped event earlier this year organised by the www.sixteenerspecial.co.uk website ( wonder where they got that name from )

billing2.jpg

oh and if you decide to read the article that guy dave they mention as organiser is me

I had a honda ss 50 5 speed in 1976 untill the gearbox packed up and was given a fs1e by the dealer to use while the ss was being repaired, fhe FS1E was ok but not as fast as the honda,...those were the days ....leather bomber jacket denim cut off and rode all weathers, why....... coz we had no other option B)

• 2 weeks later...

makes me jealous to think that my generation has been completely restrained by health and safety and all that red tape bullshit...

Although introducing the CBT was a good idea to keep us newbies safe on the roads, WHY such heavy power restrictions, i would rather have a larger machine that would keep up with traffic than one which will barely pull 40mph and makes me more likely to get overtaken/flattened by a truck on the dual carriageway.

Hence why i chose my DT over a scooter, bigger wheels and faster.

sucks big time, next year i will have myself a nice 600 though :D

makes me jealous to think that my generation has been completely restrained by health and safety and all that red tape bullshit...

Although introducing the CBT was a good idea to keep us newbies safe on the roads, WHY such heavy power restrictions, i would rather have a larger machine that would keep up with traffic than one which will barely pull 40mph and makes me more likely to get overtaken/flattened by a truck on the dual carriageway.

Hence why i chose my DT over a scooter, bigger wheels and faster.

sucks big time, next year i will have myself a nice 600 though :D

Your right Foamy, the highways agency/goverment need to try the utterly stupid rules themselfs before dishing them out to the unhappy public, restricting bikes is to be fair a stupid stupid ruleing.

EVERYONE knows the real reason for more crashes is more people driving!

When i were a lad i could pull out my drive and ride 2 miles into town (Bedford) and only see 15-20 cars on route, nowa days i'm waiting on 150-200 cars to drive pasted before i even get the chance to pull out my drive!!! NO ONE gives way,No one gives a shit cause lifes been made to busy, WE'VE DONE IT TO OURSELFS.

Big bikes Do give you a better chance than a ped FACT.

005.jpg

that is one tidy FS1E, ..they was good days,.................... now I have just realised how oldI am. ;)

ufo

i know, i saw that this morning, apparently it only does 45mph :(

but he didnt change the needles, air filter, sprockets or add a big bore kit so it doesnt really count as tuning it :(

i know, i saw that this morning, apparently it only does 45mph :(

but he didnt change the needles, air filter, sprockets or add a big bore kit so it doesnt really count as tuning it :(

mopeds definately went faster than that, because in 1976 riding my honda ss 50 5 speed I got clocked by the old fashioned police speed check, and got pulled over for doing 61 mph in a 30 mph limit, and because I was under 18 I had to go to court with a parent to plead guilty, I then got fined £30 and 1 endorsement on my licence for being a naughty boy........... back then my weekly wage was £15.00 a week, so it was a lot of money, ......but boy did my street cred go up B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online