Whats this for ?? - XT350

HoggyF
This post is 5617 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just put a newer engine (don't know the age but probably an import as the clocks off it are in KM) into my 85 XT350 but the crankcase breather is different, on the original engine it went straight from the cases up to the airbox, the new engine has a longer breather with a T-piece in it. All the manuals I have or have seen even for the newer bikes show the same breather as my original engine.Anybody know??

I would add a picture but don't seem to be able to do it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It may be from a TT 350. I think the breather on them went into a tee piece.

Hope this helps. Cheers Ferg.

I've just put a newer engine (don't know the age but probably an import as the clocks off it are in KM) into my 85 XT350 but the crankcase breather is different, on the original engine it went straight from the cases up to the airbox, the new engine has a longer breather with a T-piece in it. All the manuals I have or have seen even for the newer bikes show the same breather as my original engine.Anybody know??

I would add a picture but don't seem to be able to do it.

HI , When i replaced my air box (knackered) with twin K&N filters,

i cut the breather tube short and put on a baby filter, No running probs,

I did`nt know what else to do with it really, Mark.

It may be from a TT 350. I think the breather on them went into a tee piece.

Hope this helps. Cheers Ferg.

I thought it might be from a TT but where does the tee go to? any ideas coz none of thepictures I've seen show anything.

Thanks

Fraz

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the easy way out!

I'm curious and want to know what its for more than anything.

Hoggy

My TT 350 has this tube fitted as toy describe....one end goes into the airbox, the other is open to atmosphere, it is routed to the right side near the kickstarter & rear brake switch....