XVS 125 Dragstar

Decks2004uk

WELL IF YOU CAN GET 75 OUT OF IT YOU MUST WEIGH ABOUT 6 STONE. HOWEVER I HAVE MANAGED 65 ON MINE BUT I'M 6FT2 AND QUITE A BIG BLOKE. YOU MAY NOTICE A DIFFERENCE IF YOU FIT A SCREEN IF YOU HAVENT GOT ONE ALREADY. MAD.CO.UK OR MOTORCYCLE ACCESORIES DIRECT DO A SET OF NICE PIPES FOR IT MADE BY LEDRIE I THINK, THEY ARE NICE SLASH PIPES FOR ABOUT 180 QUID.I WILL POST A LINK. THE HIGHWAY HAWK ONES THAT MOST PEOPLE FIT ARE ALSO SLASH PIPES, BUT THEY ARE 288 QUID, YOU CAN GET THEM FROM 1066.COM. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO INCREASE YOUR HORSES BY ABOUT 3 OR 4 BHP BUT THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE OTHER ONES TO ME.....

I my xvs125 Dragstar dose 60mph flat out! is this right? if not wat can i do to fix it???

i also want to change the sprockets to drop the rpm at top end, wich sprocket do i change (front or back) and wat to change to,

was also looking to customis a few bits exhast rear views ect... But cant find any bits????

Would be very gratful for any help. Many thanks DAVID :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRY THIS LINK FOR THESE EXHAUSTS I FOUND, IF YOU GET THEM, LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD, COZ I WANNA CHANGE MY DENTED ONES.

https://www.madproducts.com/product_detail.php/1398/

I my xvs125 Dragstar dose 60mph flat out! is this right? if not wat can i do to fix it???

i also want to change the sprockets to drop the rpm at top end, wich sprocket do i change (front or back) and wat to change to,

was also looking to customis a few bits exhast rear views ect... But cant find any bits????

Would be very gratful for any help. Many thanks DAVID :)

WELL IF YOU CAN GET 75 OUT OF IT YOU MUST WEIGH ABOUT 6 STONE.

DO YOU LIVE VERY FAR AWAY?

OR ARE YOU JUST FECKING DEAF? ......BECAUSE WE 'AIN'T!!!!!!

Dude, typing all in Caps is the forum equivalent of shouting. Don't do it.

As for weight, I'm 5' 11", topping at 11 stone and 75 was riding a factory standard, uncustomised '02 reg 125 Drag.

last time someone called me spethul it was because i was licking windows... :mellow:

i would think gearing is the way to go. ive gone up as high as i can go on my DT (14 teeth) with the standard engine because its quite a powerful little peashooter. it does however have a peformance air filter and ehxaust to make it breathe better.

worth considering if you are having trouble pulling all the way to top gear, but if like the DT it is strong enough you could probably just go up 2 or 3 teeth on the front sprocket and leave it at that

• 2 weeks later...

well i am very sorry if you think that i am shouting if i typed with the caps lock on. i was not shouting i was typing, see it as you want, but i was just avin my say.

anyway like i said, if you can get 75 out of it blah blah. but you aren't exactly big. 11 stone is quite small regardless of your hight. to be honest it seemed as though you were shouting at me more than i was sposed to be shouting. lol never mind i didnt mean anything, i just didnt realise.

appologies to all for my behaviour in shouting capital letters.

but as i was sayin, ive never known anyone else to get that speed out of one, but thats because i never spoke to anyone who rides one who is only 11 stone. hence thats why you were able to get such a speed.

DO YOU LIVE VERY FAR AWAY?

OR ARE YOU JUST FECKING DEAF? ......BECAUSE WE 'AIN'T!!!!!!

Dude, typing all in Caps is the forum equivalent of shouting. Don't do it.

As for weight, I'm 5' 11", topping at 11 stone and 75 was riding a factory standard, uncustomised '02 reg 125 Drag.

No worries, dude - I was only having a light-hearted dig about the Caps. ;)

It's only a problem as it can be awkward to read and we all want to know what you're saying :)

11 stone is pretty heavy, actually. More so as it's 70kg on a bike that only weighs 144.

Most riders round here range between 7 and 15, I'd say.

• 6 months later...

Ive got the german import 03 model(at least thats what i believe it is), and that does about the same speeds - flat road cruisin 55 - 60, on the A50 dual/c-way i had 70, which aint bad but they aint designed for speed.

and anyone thats big and worrying if it will still do these sort of speeds then yes it will, im 6'4" and nearly 20 stone and it still goes sweet.

Anyone else who cannot breach an indicated 70mph on their 125 Drag, come see me in Reading and I'll test-ride yer bike!!!!

I haz insurance, BTW ;)

Carolez Nash likez me..... unlike the twat I just beasted for emailing me a whole passage of text in TXT SPK :D

Anyone else who cannot breach an indicated 70mph on their 125 Drag, come see me in Reading and I'll test-ride yer bike!!!!

I haz insurance, BTW ;)

Carolez Nash likez me..... unlike the twat I just beasted for emailing me a whole passage of text in TXT SPK :D

You'll test the bike?

I live in reading. What would you do with it?

You'll test the bike?

Nononononono-noooooooooooo...... Test-ride the bike ;)

Although I do have friends who can test it.

One in particular is a mechanic (ex-Honda and MTC, now working for Triumph).

:thumbs-up-smiley:

I live in reading. What would you do with it?

You live in Reading???!!!

My sincerest condolences :lol:

Which area?

As for the test-ride - I was half-joking, but if you or anyone does want to call me on that I will happily keep to my word.

Basically, I'd take it for a little run down the motorway to make sure it can indeed breach an indicated 74mph.

Thereafter, I'd explain in detail how I do this, which is always easier in person that typing a load of waffle (and I do ramble).

If the bike doesn't, then we'd talk about possible faults, fixes, parts, places to get it fixed etc.

hi all, not been on in a while, just done a chain and sprocket kit on ma xvs125 and a speedo cable,

am now getting a windy whistling sound wen driveing,

has this hap to any 1, any advive to resolve the prob?

Many thanks David(decks2004uk)

• 3 weeks later...

60-65 mph for a 125 drag would be right,even a dt 125 was said to have a top speed of 65mph and i remember my L-plate days and my tzr 125 only ever hit 75mph and that was considered the sporty fast type 125,infact all 125's come restricted to 70mph,the dragstar would be slightly slower than a tzr due to weight,shape ect so dont worry,looking at the bikes stats even the 650 and 1100cc dragstars are said to have a top speed of 110mph!

650 has a statted top speed of 92mph.

The speedo goes up to 110 and I've topped out at an indicated 107.

650 has a statted top speed of 92mph.

The speedo goes up to 110 and I've topped out at an indicated 107.

[/quote

i was just flicking through some old copies of what bike and it lists them both as 110mph top speed,would have to agree it seems more likely the 1100cc would have a little more top end than the 650 though and as an owner you would know best. :D

Ah.... I checked the Official Stats :D

1100 has more low end torque, acceleration etc, but apparently both top out at 92.

It all depends how you ride it, though ;)

Ah.... I checked the Official Stats :D

1100 has more low end torque, acceleration etc, but apparently both top out at 92.

It all depends how you ride it, though ;)

well on a cruiser sitting bolt upright, wind blasting at your face would you want it any faster anyway? :D

well on a cruiser sitting bolt upright, wind blasting at your face would you want it any faster anyway? :D

YES!!!!!

I'm slightly laid back, so the wind billows around me. I'm also working on my neck muscles - I'm at the Arnie stage right now, but I'm aiming for that Hulk kinda look, ya know :lol:

Besides, I can always go belly down on the tank for extra streamlining :lol:

• 3 years later...

mine will do 55 in 3rd i havent really pushed it any further

although the exhaust looks quite big from the outside it has a very small tube inside it an i think think this will restrict the power quite abit

i cut the flange off mine to fit some harley exhausts

i ll put a pic up of the standard exhausts insides later to explain

Dan, This little pipe you talk about, is it the actual exhaust then the fatter pipe over the top of it?

If so I'd advise you not to take that out as you will loss back pressure and you may find that you will either go slower or the bike will fail to start.