Gearbox noise

Byronrussell
This post is 5607 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Replacing the bearing on the sproket shaft.

you should be able to stip the bottom case off and leave the head & cylinders insitu but I dont think your noise comes from that bearing, if it was well worn you would have a major oil leak there. explain more about this noise did it appear after the chain lost tension ?

regards Jim

Replacing this bearing on the FZR1000 needs a full engine strip down, as there are bolts underneath the head that need removing to split the cases.

cannot remember them ... but it was in 88 when I did the course... memory dims over time !!! but I guess the bearing is not at fault in the first place

Regards Jim

I dont think your noise comes from that bearing, if it was well worn you would have a major oil leak there. explain more about this noise did it appear after the chain lost tension ?

regards Jim

+1

Sure the C+S are good, the rear wheel bearing would also be worth a look. I have seen these kind of threads soooooooooo many times and the C+S is generally the culprit.

+1

Sure the C+S are good, the rear wheel bearing would also be worth a look. I have seen these kind of threads soooooooooo many times and the C+S is generally the culprit.

thats were I was going !!! it does sound like an external transmission noise

regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online