Odd Wiring Problem

alexander foti
This post is 5614 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

I am having trouble wiring an immobiliser/remote start alarm into my bike. I am trying to find ignition kill wire. Its a yamaha ybr 125 08 (fuel injected) and I cant seem to find it. All i get when trying to remote start is the starter motor turning but no start (no spark). Any ideas?

A Thoroughly confused Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Probably a stupid statement but the remote start is turning the ignition on? as well.

Yeah, basiaclly what happens is i push the remote start button on the remote, The lights/etc turn on as if i have put the key in, and the motor turns over, but there is no spark.

Any ideas?

Hi try opening up the switchgear locate the kill switch wire and follow it, I presume it`ll be in the headlight somewhere, Have fun,

Hi try opening up the switchgear locate the kill switch wire and follow it, I presume it`ll be in the headlight somewhere, Have fun,

There are four wires coming from the switch - none of them when cut allow the engine to start from the remote. Could it be somewhere else?

Any idea what colour the wire is?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online