Neutered...

The Beginner
This post is 5613 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I jsut got a call from teh motorcycle garage about ym bike (the chain came off the other day and i took it in for a service)

It's gonna take 3 weeks to get a new chain set for it from italy :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I jsut got a call from teh motorcycle garage about ym bike (the chain came off the other day and i took it in for a service)

Fecking aprilia again, tell where to stuff the bike i would, after 3 weeks waiting for crank seals for the minarelli engine in a Rx50 i had i had to resort to threatening them with trading standards ads they wanted to charge me when i tried to cancel the order, Wemoto did pattern ones from stock and yamaha use the engine as well, APRILIA avoid like the plague oh the excuse it was easter, i dont think they celebtate easter for 3 weeks in italy do they , and they sent me a patern seal in the nd after threaning them with trading standards and claiming for the time the bike was off the road, sell it and buy a yam or honda

merv

Yeah, well I'm getting a yam in january so I'm basically gonna get this repaired and servieced and then pretty much trade it straight in. I CBA with riding this winter anyhow, I'll just get it fixed, have a goodbye riding week, and then find somewhere to trade it in. get the new bike before christmas i hope :D

Heard too many horror stories like this regarding Italian bikes. :unsure:

Go JAP.....& NEVER go back. ;)

got my first bike in 1963 a british bike a bsa an stuck with them till 1975 when i got my first yamaha and have never been let down and like you say will never go back, this is off topic yamahead but over here people dont know what winters are really like in the 70s lived over near you in st francis then moved to cedar rapids thats what i call real winters even switzerland wasnt as cold and never seen snow like it

I'm gonna get about £100 of new parts to replace my bits that i broke, then I'm gonna trade it in for a yamaha dragstar 650 classic in December sometime, might pick one up cheaper 'cos it's wintertime I hope :D

what an awesome Christmas present huh? :D

i use DID Chains on my yamaha, aslong as it is the same pitch and length as your old chain i wouldnt have thought it'd make any difference wether it came from ProBike or Italy

Probike took about 3 weeks to get my rear sprocket in, although i did order a 45t one which is no doubt as rare as hens teeth

y3eah, I took it to a garage and they've asked all theri usual people and they can't find an aftermarket one for it. It hink it's cos you can't actually buy them in England unless tehy're imported.

Never had probs with getting bits for my Aprillias, its shitty dealers that are to blame, I use a shop about 15 miles from me for parts and usually they are in or obtainable in a day or 2. Even a BIG dealer up the road (Rocket center) use this shop to get parts!!! Thorncraft 01254 264230 Thorncraft website click here

P

tanks mate, i'll take a look,

by the way, it's not jsut chain it's a rear sprocket aswell which tehy have to import. the teeth are knackered or bent or something :/ anyway, i was lucky to get it there apparently according to a couple of people, but if i can find the parts faster then amybe i'll get lucky :D

Thanks for the link!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online