HID Lights

s2man
This post is 5600 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to everyone,has anybody out there had any experience with in fitting hid kits.I currently have a s2 fazer on a 57 plate and as a few have mentioned i find the dipped/daylight lamp not that brill.I didn't want to wire up the other side as a few have done,so i've tried different all singing bulbs but all are pretty much the same.I like the idea of the hid retro fit kits, So question is; are they any good.And as a newbie to all this modern kit do they pose any probs to the bike electrics. Many thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi to everyone,has anybody out there had any experience with in fitting hid kits.I currently have a s2 fazer on a 57 plate and as a few have mentioned i find the dipped/daylight lamp not that brill.I didn't want to wire up the other side as a few have done,so i've tried different all singing bulbs but all are pretty much the same.I like the idea of the hid retro fit kits, So question is; are they any good.And as a newbie to all this modern kit do they pose any probs to the bike electrics. Many thanks for any help.

Hi.

Bit puzzled on this - don't you have twin H4 lamps up front? You ought to have excellent lighting. Have you tried Philips X-Treme Power bulbs? 80% more light, 20-30m greater throw: http://www.inter-bike.co.uk/inter-bikeshop...%Twin%Bulb%Pack I hear hearty recommendations on them.

I'm riding a Series 1 pre-foxeye 51 plated Fazer 600.....now THERE is some crappy lighting. I was thinking about going to HID but the cost is out of my reach at the moment. Something that has been mentioned on another forum is to upgrade your existing setup with beefier wiring & relays and I like a little project or two so I'm gonna give it a go. Cost is minimal, ditto time needed. Info here: http://www.ebbo.org/headlamp_relays.php and the beauty is that you can revert to your standard setup in seconds if you need to for some reason or if a relay fails.

Hi.

Bit puzzled on this - don't you have twin H4 lamps up front? You ought to have excellent lighting. Have you tried Philips X-Treme Power bulbs? 80% more light, 20-30m greater throw: http://www.inter-bike.co.uk/inter-bikeshop...%Twin%Bulb%Pack I hear hearty recommendations on them.

I'm riding a Series 1 pre-foxeye 51 plated Fazer 600.....now THERE is some crappy lighting. I was thinking about going to HID but the cost is out of my reach at the moment. Something that has been mentioned on another forum is to upgrade your existing setup with beefier wiring & relays and I like a little project or two so I'm gonna give it a go. Cost is minimal, ditto time needed. Info here: http://www.ebbo.org/headlamp_relays.php and the beauty is that you can revert to your standard setup in seconds if you need to for some reason or if a relay fails.

Thanks for the reply DebtMan,the lamps in mine are a H4 & a H7 the latter being the dipped beam bulb,i've just bought two new bulbs (super brilliance)from halfords,'don't laugh' it was a bogof offer.There is now a marked difference,its prob me expecting to much & reading to many reviews b4 i bought my bike.Anyhow enough rambling on, thanks & ride safe.s2man

Thanks for the reply DebtMan,the lamps in mine are a H4 & a H7 the latter being the dipped beam bulb,i've just bought two new bulbs (super brilliance)from halfords,'don't laugh' it was a bogof offer.There is now a marked difference,its prob me expecting to much & reading to many reviews b4 i bought my bike.Anyhow enough rambling on, thanks & ride safe.s2man

I have a hid kit on my ybr, around 70 pounds from ebay, equally as easy to fit, not sure it its mot legal but as long as I can see and be seen is all the matters, if you want I can get some pics up!

I have a hid kit on my ybr, around 70 pounds from ebay, equally as easy to fit, not sure it its mot legal but as long as I can see and be seen is all the matters, if you want I can get some pics up!

i want to see some pics :)

the HID lights are mot legal

Guess you're right. How bizarre that Yamaha would allow such poor headlights on their S1, then repeat the mistake on the S2. D'oh!! The 400cc Japan only S1 has twin H4s.

How come you don't want to try the headlight mod?

Guess you're right. How bizarre that Yamaha would allow such poor headlights on their S1, then repeat the mistake on the S2. D'oh!! The 400cc Japan only S1 has twin H4s.

How come you don't want to try the headlight mod?

I was thinking along the lines that it might be overbright then,also was tryin to keep the bike as original as poss whilst under warranty;and as i've been in the motortrade for years i've seen warranty claims rejected for less.I take it that if i did the mod at a later date you adjust the beam settings & keep the same bulbs?

Yeah that would be cool if you could,how easy was it to fit?

I was thinking along the lines that it might be overbright then,also was tryin to keep the bike as original as poss whilst under warranty;and as i've been in the motortrade for years i've seen warranty claims rejected for less.I take it that if i did the mod at a later date you adjust the beam settings & keep the same bulbs?

The headlight mod only adds the extra dipped beam on the H4 bulb. HID will be loads brighter than that.

Mine has been done - before I bought it - and the headlights are still crap. Dunno about alignment post mod though.

I'm buying a new H4 & H7 off a bloke on FOC-U - Philips X-Treme +50% bulbs. Apparently LOADS better....fingers crossed. Then it's the headlight relays mod next. This you COULD do without affecting the warranty as you can revert to standard in seconds.

The headlight mod only adds the extra dipped beam on the H4 bulb. HID will be loads brighter than that.

Mine has been done - before I bought it - and the headlights are still crap. Dunno about alignment post mod though.

I'm buying a new H4 & H7 off a bloke on FOC-U - Philips X-Treme +50% bulbs. Apparently LOADS better....fingers crossed. Then it's the headlight relays mod next. This you COULD do without affecting the warranty as you can revert to standard in seconds.

Let us know if it works ok!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online