fzr 1000 genesis 1988

cunny16v
This post is 5621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there been working on putting the old classic back on the road but cant get the lights to work the indicators and brake light works

just the headlights speedo light and tail light dont work, can someone help>?

cheers, Stevie :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there been working on putting the old classic back on the road but cant get the lights to work the indicators and brake light works

I guess you have checked the fuses ? if ok your problem lies with power line (wire) to the light switch. if you lock the bike and put the bike in park does the tail & side light work ? if so defo on the power to or from the light switch

regards Jim

I guess you have checked the fuses ? if ok your problem lies with power line (wire) to the light switch. if you lock the bike and put the bike in park does the tail & side light work ? if so defo on the power to or from the light switch

regards Jim

Hi Jim thanks for your responce I have checked the fuses and all ok I done what you said and the side lights come on when in park mode!

So is it the power switch going to the handle bar switch?

thanks again stevie

If its the same as FZR600, the lights are fed via the start button switch, from battery through fuse red/yellow wire, into start button when button NOT pressed , back out on blue/black to feed high low light switch.

If its the same as FZR600, the lights are fed via the start button switch, from battery through fuse red/yellow wire, into start button when button NOT pressed , back out on blue/black to feed high low light switch.

I guess you followed the diagram for the FZR600 water cooled ? with the FZ1000 being 1988 will follow the air cooled (early) wiring modal i.e. off/side/main switch not connected to the start switch, if the PO (side lights) work the blue wire is being fed via the red/yellow if not we have no power to the switch wholesale, but the red/yellow is powered from brown (battery 12v +) so if the brake lights work 12v is supplied by brown to red/yellow (unless the multi plug or soldered joints in the loom are knacked), use a multi meter to check 12v at red/yellow at the light on/off switch from there move to the l/h switch (dip switch) red/yellow and blue (pass switch) should have 12v to earth. if you have 12v to there check 12v at the yellow on the h/l bulb on hi beam then do do the same for green on lo beam. If you dont have voltage to the r/h switch (panic :lol: its time to cut the loom about)

regards Jim

Yes i followed a FZR diagram Jim, like the title of the post...FZR1000

FZR600 air cooled or water cooled ? they are well different ... got a water cooled in for repair at the moment, the whole system is totaly different but if you followed factory 1988 FZR1000 diagram you will see that 1 (power is supllied to 1 via the loom) is connected to 22 & 23 which in turn connects to 26 FZR600 water cooled does nothing of the sort

why mention FZR600 in the post if you were looking at the FZR1000 diagram ?

Regards Jim

I mentioned FZR600

a, because its the only diagram i could find

b, so i thought they...just might be similar

who said i was looking at a FZR1000 diagram?

no one .... I have an FZR1000 wiring diagram and an FZR600 WC wiring diagram and they bear very few similarities to each other. I was trying to work out whether you were looking at FZR600 WC or an FZR600 AC diagram (the AC , from memory, is closer to the FZR1000 1988 wiring) it's odd tho that the red/yellow is fed from the brown via a soldered joint in the loom, there is a good chance this connection has gone 'dry'

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online