I just booked my theory test

Cymraeg_Atodeg
This post is 5621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I passed my car test with flying colours, but, that was 6 years ago...

Has anyone else done the hazard perception section on here? What is it like? I got a DVD with Suzi Perry in it, but, not looked at it yet...

Wish me luck...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Here you go then....Good luck!

Dont be nervous, ive heard its not all that bad, they say not to go mad with the hazard test because you get marked down for too many hits!!!

Its only what i heard though...back in my day a chap just walked in front of you holding a flag while you were on yer test :blink:

its easy lol

i got 49/50 and 67/70 :D

I just did my DVD test and I got what I needed to pass, but, they way they mark the test seems to be a bit funny. They tell you to click on hazards, but, you can only click on one type of hazard per video even if there more then one of the same hazard in the video...

Grr... Still, I passed and expaect to pass in December. I'll start reading my book in earnest now

Cheers

its easy lol

i got 49/50 and 67/70 :D

When I did my theory test the pass mark was 22 out of 25, lol

Oh how times have changed

theory test, what theory test?

All I did was go round the block for 15 mins and explained a few road signs!!

mind you that's all i seemed to do this year with the sh*t weather!!

theory test piece of piss all the answers are in front of you just pick the right one , hazard perception, just dont click rhythmically, click as soon as any one seems to be doing something stupid in the film,

merv

theory test piece of piss all the answers are in front of you just pick the right one , hazard perception, just dont click rhythmically, click as soon as any one seems to be doing something stupid in the film,

merv

Cheers Merv

I did alright on the DVD clicking when there was something stupid going on. But, for the test are you supposed to click on the major hazard or all hazards?

Cheers Merv

I did alright on the DVD clicking when there was something stupid going on. But, for the test are you supposed to click on the major hazard or all hazards?

my friend just passed his theory and he clicked all hazards, just don't click all the tme or you lose points. if your a car driver/cyclist you should have no problem.

You're supposed to click every time you see a potential hazard, then again when you see it develop into an actual hazard. Some places advice clicking again immediately after it develops, just to be sure.

Basically, when the actual hazard comes up you have a specific window in which to click. Click outside that window and you lose the points.

The best way to see this is to get a training CD ROM or similar. Lots of online sites do test videos too.

I might do alright at this afterall.

The 50 questions is no issue for me because I have got the official book and it is a p.o.p. to get the answers right and I remember them from over 6 years ago.

I just worry with the hazard perception, when I am driving I am not clicking some bloody mouse when I see a hazard, I do something about avoiding it. Who ever came up with this idea for a test has never ridden/driven.

Well, because you never 'click' anything when you are driving or riding, you move your hands/feet in accordance with what is needed to be done.

Why dont they site you on a virtual bike or in a virtual car and ask you to react as you would if driving?

Here is hoping I pass!

Not a big deal the test.

The practical test I got no issues with, I envisage that I am to be a 'dab hand' on two wheels.

I am worried about the theory test because I should pass it with flying colours having done so 6 years ago and being a driver for 6 years, but, if I fail it I'll look like a right t*t!

Good luck dont worry hazard perception is easy make sure you upgrade to the professional version

on the cd, i to passed my car test first time with only 6 lessons but failed my theory test for my bike test only because i decided to buy the cd theory to learn.

learnt the cd went for test but failed why, cos the bastards dont tell you that you need to upgrade the cd to prof version so instead of learning 100questions you get 1000 questions a bit of difference

good luck mate and learn its the best thing i have ever done

Could this be a vision of the future, a la flight simulater

I went to the NEC bike show i tihnk last year or the year before, and Honda had set up this software like a low-graphics video game but rather than use a keybaord, you sat on a "bike" that was fixed into position and rode with the gears and the brakes and everything, they were doing a kind of joke assessment and i got 100% except for the part where a guy cut me up and rather than panicking like they expected a 15 year old to I just held down the horn and flipped the screen the finger :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online