04 dtr 125

michael87
This post is 5658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my dtr wont start first time it takes ages but when i do get it goin i ave to keep revin the bike bcause if i dont the bike just stops like its not gettin petrol but i just filled it up it drives fine when i do get it goin but soon has i stop the engine stops

Please help !!!!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

things to start with (maybe):

blocked breather (common on trailies)

knackered spark plug (v. common on 2 strokes)

Loose or corroded electrical connections.

the DT experts on here may know better than me! (i havent had a 2 stroke for yonks!)

things to start with (maybe):

blocked breather (common on trailies)

knackered spark plug (v. common on 2 strokes)

Loose or corroded electrical connections.

the DT experts on here may know better than me! (i havent had a 2 stroke for yonks!)

cheers m8 i put a new plug still doesnt work lol it doesnt start by the electric start i have to bump it lol

cheers m8 i put a new plug still doesnt work lol it doesnt start by the electric start i have to bump it lol

Would i be right in thinking it starts ok on starter jet or choke ? (whichever is fitted) and then dies when you turn that off unless you keep the revs up?

Would i be right in thinking it starts ok on starter jet or choke ? (whichever is fitted) and then dies when you turn that off unless you keep the revs up?

Yes mate has soon has i put the choke back down it goes to die till i rev it