derestricting dt125

neil_dt
This post is 5648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everybody.

i know this question has been asked sooo many times but im having trouble understanding things i have been told. :(

anyway i have a 2003 dt125r and basically theres no powerband anywhere or engaging of ypvs and the bike goes no faster than 60mph at 7000rpm.

I was wondering if anyone could run through a step by step guide on the methods to get the bloody thing a bit quicker lol.

im sorry to those who are sick and tired of this question. :mellow:

many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everybody.

i know this question has been asked sooo many times but im having trouble understanding things i have been told. :(

anyway i have a 2003 dt125r and basically theres no powerband anywhere or engaging of ypvs and the bike goes no faster than 60mph at 7000rpm.

I was wondering if anyone could run through a step by step guide on the methods to get the bloody thing a bit quicker lol.

many thanks

also just to let you know i have been on dtr125.net.

cheers

Curious about this myself, just got my son an 03 dt125r and had to ride it for 30 miles back home today. i found it really gutless.

the exhaust sounds really choked so i would imagine a freer breathing pipe would help. i have aslo heard about doing an inlet tract mod by the reeds not sure how much difference it will make. as for the speedo mod that is only going to make any difference when the road speed is 60mph+ so will not liberate anymore revs.

i am still searching the net for the answer. if i find anything i will post a link or explanantion here

As I've said many times before, start with the basics and go from there. First off sort out the exhaust by either getting an aftermarket performance system or gut the stock one. You'll then need to get more air flowing in so remove the rubber airbox snorkel and rejet the carb with a larger main jet to compensate for the extra air. That should help to free up some more power and make the bike more responsive.

hi willenuim i have removed the airbox snorkel,got a dep exhaust,ignition retard disabled,but i dont no how too rejet the carb..any info on how too do this..alza

hi willenuim i have removed the airbox snorkel,got a dep exhaust,ignition retard disabled,but i dont no how too rejet the carb..any info on how too do this..alza

Not a problem, can you get the carb off? Once you've got the carb off the manifold and hanging down, remove the screws on the bottom and the float bowl should come away which exposes the floats and jets. The jet you need to change is the one in the middle. Being as your bike is a 2003, the standard fit main jet is a 240 which you replace with a 260. Reassemble as you took it apart and you should be good to go ;)

hi

im having the same trouble with my DT125R 1998,

i got a DEP tail pipe and just took the washer out the front pipe,

iv took the snorkel off the air box,

iv put a smaller sproket on the back,

but still its still slow on the top end,

it does 70MPH at a push it just seem to struggle in 6th,

any other ideas what i could do to make it faster, like jettin it up (got no idea what main jet it has in)

or boost bottle or something.

Thanks alot

Spammy

hi everybody.

many thanks

do all the things on the dtr.net website. Have juts done all of these to my 02 dtr , with a good improvement. Trickiest bit, was activating the servo operated powervalve. mine was deativated, so follow the notes for the earlier model. Powervalve

effectively has 4 settings, off, on a bit, on full, and runs like a pig. Make sure alignment marker is correct, then take the plastic bit that drives the powervalve off, you' ll see that on the back of the insert only allows the powervale to fit in 4 different positions. trial and error to find the correct one. When you've got it right, you'll know.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online