2006 R6

R6_Martin
This post is 5665 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

anyone have one of these bikes?

im going to be getting one soon but iv been told that they are really hard to get on with as a road bike.

anyone had experiances on road with them?

what are they like compared to older ones like mine?

Feedback Appreciated....

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The seat height is much higher (33.5").

Fly-by-wire throttle system.

There is less mid-range power but more top-end power although the redline is raised to 17.5k.

2006 had some suspension issues that were fixed for the '07+

Great bike if you are tall and don't mind the lack of torque.

you should modify that slip on like I did on my R6 ;)

bike_exhaust%20008.jpg

iv had an 07 and now got an 08, there not a handful or a pain, although on a comute you would soon get pissed off in my opinion, mine kills my wrists, arse and back if i ride at normal speeds for more than ten minutes. you need to be doing 120 to take the weight off your friggin arms.

theres a ton more midrange on the 08 to 06, but still no where nr the pre 06 bike. but if you do track days, the new ones are so balanced. they feel a lot more stable than something weighing so little should.

If you can cope with the lower seat, try out the '55 model, new shape, upside down forks and more mid-range than 06 onwards.

I went from a Thundercat to a '53 R6 and actually found it easier on the wrists coz its so agile and well balanced, but I am a lot smaller than you. I also found fuel injection made for a much smoother ride at very slow speed (ie filtering through traffic) compared to the carbs.

I just got an '08 R6 today, got rid of an '07 Blade for one. The nicest looking sportsbike on the planet imho. Quick enough when pinning it too :) what a bike ;)

I have ridden the '06 version and this deffo has more mid range.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online