YBR mileage issues and didgy starter

spainy
This post is 5342 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bloody hell didnt mean to start an argument :blink:

The service is due now so I will update once it´s been done to see if there is any difference in mileage.

yes I do drive mostly at 8000rpms all the time (in fifth)as it´s all motorway driving , I don´t fully accelerate to 9000rpms, I always keep it around 8000rpms.

The starter problem seems to have mostly gone now, however now and again it will just die whilst driving (mostly when cold) but if I fiddle with the key it starts again fine. I did check the plugs when it first started happening but they were fine, it seems to be a faulty contact with the key problem.

Well since the bike has been serviced there is no change in consumption , the oil was changed, filter cleaned etc.

Dont understand it.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry mate this might seem like a stupid question but have you made sure you have the choke switched off? If you are running the engine rich then you will get poorer mileage performance.

Yep the choke is off, if I turn it on when it's warm it just cut's out anyway.

It baffles me how people get so much mileage, I get 270kms max every tank, no matter how I drive the bike.

Plus now im getting the bike cutting out all the time again, see my new thread, just wrote it 10 mins ago.

If those are words of comfort for you...

I just did only 32OKM out of full tank till it run off (no fuel).

I sould confess though that I was driving full revs of the motor (and in the end I still had the reserve [2-3lt] ).

It took 10,5 lts to fill top up.

If those are words of comfort for you...

I just did only 32OKM out of full tank till it run off (no fuel).

I sould confess though that I was driving full revs of the motor (and in the end I still had the reserve [2-3lt] ).

It took 10,5 lts to fill top up.

Its very bizarre.

I am losing about 130kms a tank, thats a hell of a lot, especially if you multiply it by 10, 100 or 500 fillups, which is easy to do.

• 5 months later...

Its very bizarre.

I am losing about 130kms a tank, thats a hell of a lot, especially if you multiply it by 10, 100 or 500 fillups, which is easy to do.

Thought I'd resurrect this one as I'm new to riding and search for YBR and I guess others may do the same. How big are you? At nearly 15st my bike has to work harder to drag my lard a$$ around and will use more fuel.

Ade

• 1 month later...

I have a 2008 YBR which I use for commuting, 25 miles motorway, 60 mph cruise (8000 rpm), 10 miles in London and 5 on A roads.

I fill up when trip shows 240 miles (3 days commute).

Usually takes about 11 litres, depending on wind (not mine!).

Fuel guage is on the "E", well past the red zone.Trip is more accurate - think 1ltr = 20 miles, ie 260 miles per tank (13 ltrs).

This means minimum of 99 mpg, have had 120mpg when running in, using low revs (over 300 miles to tank)! but normally I get around 105 mpg.

I weigh 13 st, wear baggy textiles and have a topbox.

Now done 13000 miles no problems - oil changed every 2000 and full service every 4000, by me.

Obviously, fuel injected model - I believe these are more effecient.

Also, for best MPG, change up @ 6000 RPM, peak torque.

Check your airbox is not full of oil from breather and no brakes are binding.

Hope this helps. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online