08 R6 Binned

singy21
This post is 5673 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

howdy...just been for a nice ride with my good lady on the back, her first ever ride. a wagons over took a parked car on a blind bend, coming at us, the espace in front slammed on. me too but cos of her weight the backs come up and iv hit into the back of the bugger.

no one hurt, except a bit of a dead leg and so on but partner is good so thats main thing. bike isnt to bad i spose....see what insurance think of it. i reckn there just gonna blame me cos i ran in the back, thats always my reasoning. but what the hell is a wagon doing on my side of the road on a blind bend.

bastard!!

so got my eye on ebay, but if anyone knows of any or sees any 08 r6 bits, give us a shout please, would be most greatful. its all the front end stuff, fairings lights sub frame, mudguard.

cheers guys......and again... oh bugger

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that sucks mate

glad you are both ok!

what parts do you need replaced?

that sucks mate

glad you are both ok!

what parts do you need replaced?

yeah. its gonna go down as my fault....braking distance ect, but what the hell is he doing on the over side of the road on a blind bend in a hgv. they will prob just say it was me who was on the wrong side cos im a biker. he can be on any side he wants.

grrr

i need head lights, nose fairing, mudguard, left and right upper fairings, left hand engine casing most importantly. left hand foot peg. a clutch lever....and a some head ache tablets!

OMG!! Thats shitty! Glad yo are both ok though.

Will the Espace driver vouch for the wagon being on your side of the road? Did you get his number? If so pursue this!!

I hope you get your bike fixed soon.

OMG!! Thats shitty! Glad yo are both ok though.

Will the Espace driver vouch for the wagon being on your side of the road? Did you get his number? If so pursue this!!

I hope you get your bike fixed soon.

espace driver says 100% on my side. but i think insurers tend to go with the general rule that if you couldnt stop in time for even the daftest of things, its your fault. see what equity red star say tomorrow. thing is, i wanna know either way so i can buy the bits myself.

the wagon was a council one, and on there policys, they tend to just say sod it and not bother arguing the case, or thats my experience in the few incidents iv been involved with.

if it is my fault, i think my insurance will be to high to bike for a few years, its bad enough now :( so heres hoping it works out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online