250 or 450

WR250
This post is 5669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just looking at getting my first bike for off road/ also daily commute (short journey to work)

so, im going with the WR im thinking the 250r

or can anyone comment on the WR450, which would do me best?

TIA

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just looking at getting my first bike for off road/ also daily commute (short journey to work)

TIA

I have a WR 250 R and really like it. The WR 450 is not street legal in the USA.

thanks for that, tbh, i dont think the 450 is street legal here in the uk either, as its the F, they dont do it in the R or X versions.

the slightly off putting bit about the 250R is the black frame etc, as ive seen it in silver and prefer it, but i think the R uk version has black.

TIA

aye WR. 450 will have more bottom end torque . is a bit more of a handfull than the revvy 250. once u get used to it . would be less effort to drive [offroad] that is, Am going twinshock motX TMORROW :D:D

TIA

Don't want to confuse you any, but are you looking to purchase new, or second hand?

If you are in the 2nd hand market then take a look at the TTR's - I run a TTR600E that I use for winter commuting and green lane's. I've lost count of the people who have questioned this, but the fact that the TTR is air cooled and is no heavier than most 400's makes this a good bike for both. It'll sit at 70-80mph, and takle most off road stuff, unless you're more trial than trail...

In some states in the US I've seen street legal WR450F's. The 250R and X are sold out at many dealerships I've inquired at....great bikes!

Which states would that be.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online