wot is the best yamaha of all time

forest
This post is 4392 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

to start the ball rolling my favourite yammy is the fj 1200. totaly reliable very quick. mines 16 years old but still goes like the clappers and no signs of slowing up. built to last. hopeing to hear from all you bike nuts out their. with your nominations. for wot you believe to be the best yammy. new or old

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to be 98 R1 with ohlins akro and a blue printed motor and not forgetting stearing damper so it does'nt try to snap your thumbs off and throw ya through the nearest hedge.sports bikes aside does any one remember the gts 1000 a freind had a yamaha dealership years ago and had demo one with panniers he let me take it out for a day it was a superb bike to ride the only trouble was i wore holes in both panniers :D

the best yamaha and a legend the xt500 the most fun i have ever had, imported one in 76 from america and really rode it hard almost indestructable

XJR's, did 5 euro trips on 2 different ones, loaded or not handled really well even on alpine roads .would sit on the motorway all day at a ton , but just as happy touring around at 40.

XS 250 :D

you sir, are drunk! :o:unsure:

I had one of them. whilst proceeding along the local dual cabbageway, I noticed number 1 spark plug was hanging out. So I reached down and screwed it back in. The bike didn't go any faster :(

Best Yamaha would be my FJ1200. But my XS650 is a close second :D :D

Love the 2007 YZF-R6. Got great power and torque. Love my 07 FZ6. I call it my little pony. And he bites. :lol: But hands down has to be the R1. My best friend had one and that's what i'm getting when i turn 25 (due to insurance). But i love them. with very little mods you can be a proud member of the 200+ club. and beyond. i think for ultimate respect as far as sport bikes go, you can't get any better.+

.....and no one has considered the Fizzie to be worth a mention? Shame on you all. Exotica is all very well (OW31, R7 etc) but, for a feet on the ground bloke like me of certain age, the Fizz was THE steed to be seen on at the chippy.

THE best Yamaha ever is the Maple Custom with Vintage finish and a 14" snare!!!

As played by Dave Weckl......

What? No-one said it had to be limited to motorcycles :D

For me it's the fj1200, but my favorite yam is my 87 fzr1000 when you give it the beans it can still upset new sports bikes, but not for long it's so cramped and uncomfortable for an old fat bloke like me.

For me it's the fj1200, but my favorite yam is my 87 fzr1000 when you give it the beans it can still upset new sports bikes, but not for long it's so cramped and uncomfortable for an old fat bloke like me.

LOL had to sell my CBR400 a few years ago for the same reason :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online