wot is the best yamaha of all time

forest
This post is 4414 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Best yamaha i'm kinda torn between 2 my old RD500 and my 20yr old thou exup love em both but for the same reasons

the RD was crap around town was uncomfortable and could be a pig to keep running sweet but when it was and on a quiet road i don't think words could describe how fantastic it was to ride the more it screamed the faster you pushed it the more you pushed it the more it screamed the faster you went what a rush!!!!!!! was shit on fuel but i never cared :lol:

the exups the same kind of bike in a way its fast uncomfortable and can be a pig around town wi the heavy clutch but on an open road it can still keep up wi the newer sports bikes and take the piss outa 1 or 2 aswell and it's still a fantastic bike to ride everyday :lol:

Agreed. I love my FZR 1000, though i did own a 1985 RZ350 about 20 years ago and it was an incredibly fun bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

.....and no one has considered the Fizzie to be worth a mention? Shame on you all. Exotica is all very well (OW31, R7 etc) but, for a feet on the ground bloke like me of certain age, the Fizz was THE steed to be seen on at the chippy.

;) Ah a man of Knowledge and culture. I ride an 2007 R1 a bloody capable bike ( more CAPABLE than most riders ). I like many others would dream of owning the R7, but the FS1-E IS THE BENCHMARK FOR ALL THAT FOLLOWS, A 16 YEAR OLDS FAVOURITE 4 TISSUE FANTASY. THE FIZZY WINS HANDS DOWN.

But if were talking of dream rides APART from LILY ALLEN :P .Then the MTT Y2K IS THE ULTIMATE THRILL ( JET TURBINE ENGINE ) EVERYONE WOULD BE LOOKING AT THE SKIES :rolleyes: FOR THE RED ARROWS OR SOMETHING, AS YOU RIDE BY. BRILLIANT.

can not believe nobodys mentioned the yzf750r!....kin awesome bike.even now it will stay with the big guns even on the track.

MY SUPER SHINEY YZF 750R!!!!! :D

• 1 month later...

FZ750 has to be one of the greats, 20 valve, 5 valve per cil, this bike led the way to all the (R Yams) racing successes.

Had the the full power Vmax a few years ago, not as fast as it his acclaimed to be, even on take off not nearly as quick off the mark as my little old FZ, the Vmax runs out of puff around 145mph, although the styling was good for its era and still looks the part as a muscle bike.

TZR 250 R

Radian 600

V-Max

XT 500

RD 500

:D

The best yamaha is my one, end of story!

I agree with you. Actually, there are SO MANY great Yamahas, it is impossible to pick one.

I have enjoyed all of them that I have owned...

DT100 DT125 DT400 RD250 RD400 XS400 XS1100 Special XS400 Special

Best one ever was my TY50P flat out it did a massive 28mph real eye streamin stuff!!!!!This was the best bike because it was my first ever bike,I was only a snotty faced 16 yr old,had a few more Yam's after before getting XT250 wot a crackin bike only prob was tryin to keep the front wheel down on the road,Had a break from bikes for £%^&years,recently brought Yam MT-03 and lovin every minute of it.

Remember guys"Put the biggun between her legs.....RIDE A YAMAHA..."

The TY50P was fun !!! loved um !

Regards Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got a 1989 FZR400 3EN1 and its still good for 120mph so i cant fault it :) love riding it and keeps up in the bends with my mates zxr400 so i think thats the best yamaha for me now

Also had a TY80 big wheel as a kid and that was pretty good too :)

even though I got an xvs650, I loved my cousins Gladiator (in India) Bloody great fun!...

http://auto.indiamart.com/motorcycles/yama.../#gladiator-std

yes - lots of cutbacks for the market, but real good fun!..... Can you believe - I've seen a farmer towing his bullock to the vet on one of these!.... (err. thats the bullock on a trailer).. hmm seeing a bullock on the back seat would be something now wouldn;t it?... :-)

got to be the rxs 100 bought one after doing my cbt to ride to work and apart from the bike hating the cold(don't we all) its been a brilliant bike good on fuel accelerates pretty well and kept up with a kawasaki 550 to 70 mile an hour, just wish i had my rs125 dx on the road but would reccomend any of these 70's/80's two strokes to any body.

The Yamaha YA-1. Without that all the rest would not be here.

FS1E Fizzie - Without that bike a lot of the older guys would be getting the bus. I had a Suzi TS90 then.

RD series - Noisy, smelly but fast for the time. Not good sitting behind a mates one on the way to Le Mans. I thought France was always foggy! It took 10 beers to get the 2 stroke out of my throat

XT500 - What a thumper

DT175 - Slightly biased but what the heck!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online