wot is the best yamaha of all time

forest
This post is 4393 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Difficult to put just one :angry:

My top five would be, in no particular order:

1) YZF1000R Thunderace

2) YZF600R Thundercat

3) RD350LC

4) YZF750

5) FZR400RR

Difficult to put just one :angry:

My top five would be, in no particular order:

1) YZF1000R Thunderace

2) YZF600R Thundercat

3) RD350LC

4) YZF750

5) FZR400RR

I like all of those, I suppose Yamaha have made many great bikes over the years, making the selection rather tough. I rather like the mid to late 90's TZR250's and was the TDR250 a Supermoto ten years early??

to start the ball rolling my favourite yammy is the fj 1200. totaly reliable very quick. mines 16 years old but still goes like the clappers and no signs of slowing up. built to last. hopeing to hear from all you bike nuts out their. with your nominations. for wot you believe to be the best yammy. new or old

hi i have got to say that u can not aksthat as bikes are made for diferent task race,road,track and allrounders

stret bikes are all rounders but not to good ofroad so its whats best for for you and you only i like fun and i do 88mils to n from work so i tryed the cb honda then a gz the cb was to hard on the road pot holes ect, the gz was cruse not enouth

guts the xjr i found grate speed in trafic and fun as well as track so its what u do that makes the bike for you ride safe

My top five in no order:

1- TZR125 - First road bike.

2- OWO1 - Still makes me dribble like a spotty teen with bumfluff.

3 - R7 - Needs no explanation.................

4 - TZR250 Reverse cylinder - For the simple reason of fond memories of the early 90's

5 - 08/09 R6 - Sheer beauty!!!!

I still say the Yamaha Maple Stage Custom drum kit beats the pants off all the above!!

Best one ever was my TY50P flat out it did a massive 28mph real eye streamin stuff!!!!!This was the best bike because it was my first ever bike,I was only a snotty faced 16 yr old,had a few more Yam's after before getting XT250 wot a crackin bike only prob was tryin to keep the front wheel down on the road,Had a break from bikes for £%^&years,recently brought Yam MT-03 and lovin every minute of it.

Remember guys"Put the biggun between her legs.....RIDE A YAMAHA..."

Best one ever was my TY50P flat out it did a massive 28mph real eye streamin stuff!!!!!This was the best bike because it was my first ever bike,I was only a snotty faced 16 yr old,had a few more Yam's after before getting XT250 wot a crackin bike only prob was tryin to keep the front wheel down on the road,Had a break from bikes for £%^&years,recently brought Yam MT-03 and lovin every minute of it.

Remember guys"Put the biggun between her legs.....RIDE A YAMAHA..."

Clearly in number of sales, the enduros from 68-75, inlcuding all sizes. Virtually every long time biker has owned at least one. Still tons of parts out there, you can find the old junkers under $100 and rebuild for a few hundred. You dont need a battery to make them run. parts interchangeable among all models.

the only lemons among them are the DT360 and the DT400 with the replacement cdi units near impossible to find in working condition.

the first bike i ever rode was in 1980 i was a 14 year old laad and a friend o mine knew a farmer with a yam 175, a dt i think, long long time ago, twin cylinder job with lights an everything, when yer 14 anything that gives you a buzz like that....

o twas great fun batterin it round a field doin jumps etc.,,

so i'd say thats deffo a good one,

also did the rd250/ 350 thing for a while they were good, screamers if i recall,

then there was the rd 350 lc ,,yes, and the ypvs came on the scene he he the look on someones face when you give them a shot and 'forget' to tell them about what a powerband is lol.,

i had an rd500 lc marlboro replica 'd reg' in 1989/90, you crack that baby over 5 grand and you know your on a bike, i overtook and humped a brand new gixxer 750 on the island that year on mad sunday, stopped at the finish line and had time to light a cig before the guy stopped beside me,' whaat the f**k is that' he says, its only a 500 mate oh but its a 2 stroke he he,,

that was definately a good one,

but now i've sort of mellowed and you know what,

there all good in my opinion, the best one is the one YOU own,, obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Best yamaha i'm kinda torn between 2 my old RD500 and my 20yr old thou exup love em both but for the same reasons

the RD was crap around town was uncomfortable and could be a pig to keep running sweet but when it was and on a quiet road i don't think words could describe how fantastic it was to ride the more it screamed the faster you pushed it the more you pushed it the more it screamed the faster you went what a rush!!!!!!! was shit on fuel but i never cared :lol:

the exups the same kind of bike in a way its fast uncomfortable and can be a pig around town wi the heavy clutch but on an open road it can still keep up wi the newer sports bikes and take the piss outa 1 or 2 aswell and it's still a fantastic bike to ride everyday :lol:

Best yamaha i'm kinda torn between 2 my old RD500 and my 20yr old thou exup love em both but for the same reasons

the RD was crap around town was uncomfortable and could be a pig to keep running sweet but when it was and on a quiet road i don't think words could describe how fantastic it was to ride the more it screamed the faster you pushed it the more you pushed it the more it screamed the faster you went what a rush!!!!!!! was shit on fuel but i never cared :lol:

the exups the same kind of bike in a way its fast uncomfortable and can be a pig around town wi the heavy clutch but on an open road it can still keep up wi the newer sports bikes and take the piss outa 1 or 2 aswell and it's still a fantastic bike to ride everyday :lol:

I'd love to say the YPVS but it really was just an improvement on the 350LC, the bike that spawned a generation of bikers dressed in baseball boots, paddock jackets and Simpson Bandit helmets, the Cult of Elsie, its got to be, the 350LC.

Never had one, the girlfriend at the time had a gorgeous one in Black, and sold it to one of me best mates. I had the 350N YPVS, a better handling, faster and more stable bike than the LC, but i still reckon the 350LC was the best bike Yamaha built from a "Spawning a generation" point of view. Gangs of nutters terrorising the city with srceaming spannies, star wars stormtrooper looks and lurid paintjobs.

Got to be the FZR1000 series, revolutionalised sports bikes in the late 80's early 90's, paved the way for the R1, and fifteen years on, can still keep up with the new models.

I ordered my R1 from only an artists impression and specification promises in an MCN edition of Oct. '97.

I took delivery of mine from the very first batch in the Spring of '98 in fact I rode it home from the dealers in a snow storm and I was so impressed with its out and out performance that I still have it now in it's eleventh year.

I tell you this and I now add to that reality that I'd already had big Exups and Aces and thereby here claim my right to having a Yamaha opinion.

Being forever a realist I must say that the best Yamaha EVER has yet to be built BUT the best built to date is the RD 500

I used to say "for a five hundred this bike is good" but after a very short time I just said "this is bike's GOOD . (full stop)"

No one ever built a vee four two stroke 500 to go on an economy run or even to tour with but I used to equate the fuel consumption to pouring petrol from a jug. That is NOT a complaint it is simply an honest example of how performance costs money. Power needs to be married with other essentials to make a great bike and this example had all of those goodies too.

It went, it stopped, it steered and it looked stunning whilst doing so --- I look forward to finding a better Yamaha but I feel that the environmentalists are trying very hard to ensure that I look in vain.

I ordered my R1 from only an artists impression and specification promises in an MCN edition of Oct. '97.

I took delivery of mine from the very first batch in the Spring of '98 in fact I rode it home from the dealers in a snow storm and I was so impressed with its out and out performance that I still have it now in it's eleventh year.

I tell you this and I now add to that reality that I'd already had big Exups and Aces and thereby here claim my right to having a Yamaha opinion.

Being forever a realist I must say that the best Yamaha EVER has yet to be built BUT the best built to date is the RD 500

I used to say "for a five hundred this bike is good" but after a very short time I just said "this is bike's GOOD . (full stop)"

No one ever built a vee four two stroke 500 to go on an economy run or even to tour with but I used to equate the fuel consumption to pouring petrol from a jug. That is NOT a complaint it is simply an honest example of how performance costs money. Power needs to be married with other essentials to make a great bike and this example had all of those goodies too.

It went, it stopped, it steered and it looked stunning whilst doing so --- I look forward to finding a better Yamaha but I feel that the environmentalists are trying very hard to ensure that I look in vain.

Another vote here for the venerable FJ1200. Comfy, stable and torque to spare.

Also...

That is a cool story.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online