wot is the best yamaha of all time

forest
This post is 4414 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My dad used to have an FZR600, now that was an amazing bike, right up until it ended up in a sheep...

Anyways, I like the M1 Rossi rides! :lol:

But, as I don't have a bike, I can only go on looks and the new YZF-R6 looks the dogs danglies in my opinion

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For value here are my picks #1 1974 YZ Bikes in good to great condition will bring good money. The 1968 DT1 is another, also the 1975 DT 400B is highly sought after in the USA. RD 350's do good if they are in good condition.RT1-RT3's bring good money and believe it or the old JTI can bring 3 G's. I am old school and like the older bikes.I do have some plastic bikes but can't see them holding much value, The production numbers are too high.

For value here are my picks #1 1974 YZ Bikes in good to great condition will bring good money. The 1968 DT1 is another, also the 1975 DT 400B is highly sought after in the USA. RD 350's do good if they are in good condition.RT1-RT3's bring good money and believe it or the old JTI can bring 3 G's.

How is old technology better than up to date technology ???

I do have some plastic bikes but can't see them holding much value,

Who likes rusty mudguards/and shock absorbers ? :lol:

The production numbers are too high.

Production numbers of cars are much higher ! DER :blink:

• 1 month later...
For me it has to be the 2007 FZ1abs and like your FJ is faultless I would like a beger fairing and screen that said it to is a flyer with 150+hp and one need to use the 12k rmp unless wheelies are requied. navi :)

1973 YAMAHA 360 RT1 ENDURO. HANDS DOWN THE BEST BIKE GOING & GOING & GOING.

Ok, I gotta chime in. They just don't make them like they used to. I think the best of all time is the XS1100. Lots of power, and just lives up to the name (eXcSive). Rock solid awsome bike. Actually I'd have to say that the XS line was the best line that Yamaha ever made.

1973 YAMAHA 360 RT1 ENDURO. HANDS DOWN THE BEST BIKE GOING & GOING & GOING.

Ok, at least call it a RT3.

Ok, at least call it a RT3.
As far as crotch rockets go, The RZ 500 in it's time and the first of the R1s. Simply for the benchmarks that they set. Both machines were way ahead of their time.

Yamaha DT50MX

Reliable, goes forever on a gallon of fuel, easy to fix/get parts for. and best of all...

... it is mine, it belongs to me and it gives me my freedom to roam where i want and when i want

The bestest ever Yamaha was the RD350LC YPVS,

A true gem in the pre-musent do that era.

Tuning parts just oozing out of every bike shop.

Crisp enjoyment the second the valves do thier thing as you turned the key.

The only bike i've high sided over a ton and still rowed home (once i unbolted the bent steering damper)

The bike that taught me to wheelie threw 2nd 3rd and into 4th before squealing the tyre on landing.

Chelsea bridge machine every friday night what ever the weather.

Yep, i'd have another any day of the week. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

XJR's, did 5 euro trips on 2 different ones, loaded or not handled really well even on alpine roads .would sit on the motorway all day at a ton , but just as happy touring around at 40.

Not your FJR then, Rob? :1poke:

XJR for me, too. I wanted on for too long not to still love it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online