Whats going on with the site?

Goff
This post is 5661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

in the interest of increasing, i mean decreasing! space under my avatar, list of previously owned bikes, how do i take the list off?? :rolleyes:

Hi Ted, Ive done mine too

What I did was cut them and paste them into my 'About me page'

Press the 'My Controls' button

Press th'Edit Profile Info' button

Select all the bkes and cut

Press the update button at tha bottom

Go to your 'About me' page

Paste them in there if you want

Press the update button at the bottom again

Now people can still see you biking history when they view your profile

Oooh...800 Posts :)

• Admin

Hi everyone there are some great suggestions coming here so please keep them up :-)

I will make sure that these issues are sorted for the new release of the board, another aspect of the board i think needs looking at are the categories. These were set up a long time ago when there were only a few hundred members and probably need analysing. So any suggestions most welcome.

in the interest of increasing, i mean decreasing! space under my avatar, list of previously owned bikes, how do i take the list off?? :rolleyes:

On the top navigation there is a link called "My Controls" click there.

Then under the heading "Personal Profile" select "Edit Profile Information" and you can edit your bike listing on that screen.

Thanks everyone B)

I remember when this site was just fields, FIELDS I say!!! :farmerjohn:

I like the rd aircooled site where you can hover your mouse over the shortened question and get a more detailed (abet still shortened) version, that way if it don't intersest me, I can move on without backtracking all the time.

why can't there be a paid "members" section where we could access discounts etc if there are thousands of members then I'm sure sponsors would be interested in paying towards the site plus give a discount to members who shop with them!!

:D

Oh and another idea for the site adminwallah - restrict new members from viewing profiles, sending PM's or contacting other members until they have established themselves as a genuine member - say 10 decent posts - that way we can weed out the trolls

I don't want to be a troll!! :icon_sad:

I'm new to both biking and the website but the reason I joined was because it was so open and friendly. That you could find out about other bikers and, as I have said on earlier post elsewhere, that you can get help without feeling immediately stupid. (Especially in my case. :P )

Where-as I appreciate there are many longstanding members, like yourself Goff, please give us newbies a chance. We might not know much but we won't get any further if we can't ask... I am 36 and don't even know what a PM is!!! :icon_sad:

Guest Exupnutta

I don't want to be a troll!! :icon_sad:

I'm new to both biking and the website but the reason I joined was because it was so open and friendly. That you could find out about other bikers and, as I have said on earlier post elsewhere, that you can get help without feeling immediately stupid. (Especially in my case. :P )

Where-as I appreciate there are many longstanding members, like yourself Goff, please give us newbies a chance. We might not know much but we won't get any further if we can't ask... I am 36 and don't even know what a PM is!!! :icon_sad:

I don't think Goff meant guys like you, but rather people who join the forum for there own gains, without contributing to the forum.

I do my best to help others where I can. :)

PM = Private Message

HTH = Hope this Helps :)

Olli

Oh that's alright then! :D

Alas my contribution at this moment is rather small - just questions.

But from small acorns mighty oaks grow (alledgedly!):icon_biggrin:

Which is another way of saying as a novice I can only improve via gaining the knowledge of those who have been riding for years.

Regards,

Matt

All hail the mighty Goff !! :yay:

Sorry Goff..

An apology

(sorry, Goff :blush: ). Hopefully my post windows won't be so long now.

And another.......

you see where im going with this? laff.gif

Anyone would think you were all scared of me....cant think why though laff.gif

I don't think Goff meant guys like you, but rather people who join the forum for there own gains, without contributing to the forum.

I do my best to help others where I can. :)

PM = Private Message

HTH = Hope this Helps :)

Olli

Thats exactly what i meant - thanks Olli. I know theres a lot of members who dont post regularly but after maybe 5/10 genuine posts it can be established that they are indeed intersted in the site and not ere to cause bother or post spam.

Sorry - i didn't mean to offend anyone. :blush:

Oh that's alright then! :D

Alas my contribution at this moment is rather small - just questions.

But from small acorns mighty oaks grow (alledgedly!):icon_biggrin:

Which is another way of saying as a novice I can only improve via gaining the knowledge of those who have been riding for years.

Regards,

Matt

Questions are fine and most welcome - i learn a lot myself from reading the answers too! As i said above i did not mean any offence.

All hail the mighty Goff !! :yay:

Now your learning ;):lol:

They've probably read the post about the Clio... :lol:

http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12215

Read and quaked in fear!!! :lol:

No apology required Goff. I understand what you are saying and it is a credit that you obviously care very much about the site.

I just didn't want to be a troll!! :crying:

An orc maybe, or an elf.... ;)

Guest Exupnutta

No apology required Goff. I understand what you are saying and it is a credit that you obviously care very much about the site.

I'm an Olliphant :lol:

• Admin

Adverts have been temporarily removed until the new forum is sorted out. We will then look to only show advertisements to free members. Hope this removes some of the pain in the mean time :-)

But please keep the comments and any constructive criticism coming.

:D

lol aww bless ya honey ;)

But its still heeeyyyoooooooge - the problems of having a powsh monitor eh lol ;)

Littledans IS big you know - really....ermmm...i am talking about the sig you knows *snigger* :D

there you go all gone just a vast expanse of bugger all i'll miss that sig it was like a son to me.

and as for the size thing ;) lol

... I am 36 and don't even know what a PM is!!! :icon_sad:

I wouldn't worry about that, I've been building networks for 20+ years, I can remember the first websites going live, I can rememeber when a 10Mb hard disk would run all the accounts for a large company, when 640k was all the memory you could use, when Bill Gates slagged off Apple for the use of GUI's (Graphical User Interface), then brought out Windows a few years later......... yada yada yada :noevil:

Anyway the point I'm trying to make, albeit long winded, is that TLA's are often just made up to confuse others (knowledge is power and all that) - sorry TLA - Three Letter Acronym.

After all this time in the business, I still see crap that's clearly been made up - I don't like it. :thumbdown:

Admin - perhaps an area for TLA's, a Glossary where they can be expanded and explained (if needed)

Well just read down this quickly did not see the feedback thingy as i was away, I also subscribe/use the honda XRV africa twin /trail bike forum, they have recently introduced a £10 subscription to help with the costs of the board. after much discussion on the forum and comments from members it was decided to restrict non subscribers to not being able to post in the for sale /want sections. not have the ability to pm others and a few other things, this was kept too a forum subscription not a club membership for reasons of complications that set in when you have a club I:E AGM,s /Committees to make decisions, accounts needing to be published, etc, etc , This has recently reared it,s head with problems in the aircooled RD club, but that is another story, Most of the regulars on the XRV forum have paid up and no one has complained, and the benefits of subscription can easily outweigh £10 subscription fee I:E i recently got £130 of geniune honda engine parts for £80 posted too me recovering over 5 times of my sub

merv

Admin - perhaps an area for TLA's, a Glossary where they can be expanded and explained (if needed)

That sounds good to me, When I started (Not that long ago) I too wondered what these acronyms meant, I used to put questions about them in my sig area as a means of finding out.

I LOVE this site - and the people on it - well most of em :lol: It annoys the shit out of me when we get folk on who just wanna cause a fight or post loads of shitty spam. I have met some great folk off here and like to think i've made some good friends.

I feel like its mum sometimes :lol: - and i just want to look after it. ;)

Orc's and Elfs are SOOOOOO last year - you can be my bitch instead...... :lol:

there you go all gone just a vast expanse of bugger all i'll miss that sig it was like a son to me.

and as for the size thing ;) lol

You could of made it smaller you knows ;)

The size thing - useless.gif