SR 125 Newbie Chain Tension Query

Joffie
This post is 5675 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Yesterday went out for my first decent 'mission' just over 100 miles round trip. :) Everything worked fine.

Today I am cleaning up my beauty, and when taking off the Chain Guard I noticed that the CHAIN seems loose, so that on a hand-rotation of the wheel it actually touches the acrylic 'shield' near the drive sprocket.

Does this mean that I have to tighten the chain a wee bit?

(I ermember doing something about this on the CBT, but I thinkthat was a caution about chains being too tight)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi There, to see if your chain does need to be adjusted you need to take the bike off the stand and either sit on it yourself or get someone the same weight as you to sit on it and then check the chain at its slackest point which is at the bottom half way between the engine sprocket and the rear wheel sprocket, if there is more than around half inch of play in either direction then it needs adjusting.

hope this helps

Regards

Bill