An "Old" Newbie Saying Hello

wolfpack101
This post is 5705 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all the Yamaha club folk. :D

Name's Matt from Lancashire. Just taken my CBT ( August 29th ) at the age of 36! Bought a new YBR125, aim to ride that for the next couple of years to gain confidence and improve my roadcraft prior to doing my full test. Had never rode uptil this summer - having promised myself for the last four I would learn!! Loved every minute of my CBT ( even my instructor yelling at me! ).Bought my bike a week later which arrived five days ago but have only been out today as the weather has been awful and today was my first day off work!!

The only concern I have had had so far is it seems really tight between my left foot rest and gear shift lever- wearing alpinestar smx boots- and is causing some "sticky" gear shifts. Any suggestions on how to get round this? I learnt on a Suzuki EN125 and didn't have the problem then....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi to all the Yamaha club folk. :D

Name's Matt from Lancashire. Just taken my CBT ( August 29th ) at the age of 36! Bought a new YBR125, aim to ride that for the next couple of years to gain confidence and improve my roadcraft prior to doing my full test. Had never rode uptil this summer - having promised myself for the last four I would learn!! Loved every minute of my CBT ( even my instructor yelling at me! ).Bought my bike a week later which arrived five days ago but have only been out today as the weather has been awful and today was my first day off work!!

The only concern I have had had so far is it seems really tight between my left foot rest and gear shift lever- wearing alpinestar smx boots- and is causing some "sticky" gear shifts. Any suggestions on how to get round this? I learnt on a Suzuki EN125 and didn't have the problem then....

Hello Matt and welcome to the forum, Good to see you are enjoying bikes so much, I think with the gear lever issue, if you bought the bike from a dealer, get them to lift the lever by one spline on the shaft, that way you will have more room to get you foot under it

Thanks for the info. I must have looked rather odd today with my technique and it wasn't the smoothest shifting!! Couldn't decide whether it was the new rubber on the foot rest and gear shift lever catching on my boots rubber. Will get them to adjust on my first service - hope to clock up many miles in the future!! :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online