Help with Upjetting (new to this forum)

tomAerox
This post is 5034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey everyone,

first off i am new to this forum and mopeds so i need a little help, and i thought this is the best place to get some.

i have a 2005 yamaha aerox 50cc, i am going to de-restrict the front pully and the exhaust, and then i am going to buy a leo vince TT sports exhaust (or a gianelli extra, not sure which yet) and malossi racing clutch springs. someone has told me i need to upjet aswell, i have no idea what size i need, and i dont know how to find what carb i have

please someone help me with finding the right size jet i need, and can i have your opinions on that setup.

thanks in advance

Tom:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try asking the exhaust manufacturer what they recommend. I would imagine they would have some base settings. Better to go too rich than too lean though, should be able to gauge this partly by your sparkplug colour.

I bought a Leo Vince exhaust for a project I am doing and it came complete with 2 sets of rollers, clutch springs and heavy duty mounting brackets. Very good quality. It's my first attempt at a 2 stroke so making things up as I go at the moment.

Try asking the exhaust manufacturer what they recommend. I would imagine they would have some base settings. Better to go too rich than too lean though, should be able to gauge this partly by your sparkplug colour.

I bought a Leo Vince exhaust for a project I am doing and it came complete with 2 sets of rollers, clutch springs and heavy duty mounting brackets. Very good quality. It's my first attempt at a 2 stroke so making things up as I go at the moment.

ok thanks, i will get in touch with the exhaust company

cheers :D

• 1 year later...

hey everyone,

first off i am new to this forum and mopeds so i need a little help, and i thought this is the best place to get some.

i have a 2005 yamaha aerox 50cc, i am going to de-restrict the front pully and the exhaust, and then i am going to buy a leo vince TT sports exhaust (or a gianelli extra, not sure which yet) and malossi racing clutch springs. someone has told me i need to upjet aswell, i have no idea what size i need, and i dont know how to find what carb i have

please someone help me with finding the right size jet i need, and can i have your opinions on that setup.

thanks in advance

Tom:D

usualy you needto upjet it about 10-15 for it to run properly and dont put clutch springs on if you only have a pipe and lighter rollers, it will be too hard for the engine to rev, i found this out personaly, try asking chris at adrenaline pedstop

usualy you needto upjet it about 10-15 for it to run properly and dont put clutch springs on if you only have a pipe and lighter rollers, it will be too hard for the engine to rev, i found this out personaly, try asking chris at adrenaline pedstop

Wow way to dig up alot of old threads.  :rolleyes: