paint the exhaust?

2enjoi2
This post is 5680 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

is it posible to paint an exhaust, the end can (and link pipe) with a paint that is suitable for intense heat?

if so what type of paint is it? how much? where from?

cheers

david

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Exupnutta

VHT... Very High Temperature paint, available from all good motor factors. About £10 a can I think (not bought any recently) You will have to do a very good job of cleaning it though and maybe rub it down a bit with light grade wet and dry.

HTH

Olli

VHT... Very High Temperature paint, available from all good motor factors. About £10 a can I think (not bought any recently) You will have to do a very good job of cleaning it though and maybe rub it down a bit with light grade wet and dry.

HTH

Olli

Or go to Wilkinsons and buy some plasti-kote BBQ paint, its good for 425C and cheaper than exhaust paint, although its the same stuff really. Having used many different exhaust paints over the years, I find this is as good as any of them. Have a look at my bike in Gallery to see how it looks, 1979 DT175MX

Or go to Wilkinsons and buy some plasti-kote BBQ paint, its good for 425C and cheaper than exhaust paint, although its the same stuff really. Having used many different exhaust paints over the years, I find this is as good as any of them. Have a look at my bike in Gallery to see how it looks, 1979 DT175MX

I use the High temp engine paint on my last bike to paint the entire exhuast pipe, you can get it at autozone and walmart, supposed to be for painting engine blocks n what not

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online