Where do I buy XVS125 spares?

mattkett
This post is 5638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any ideas about where the best place to go to buy spares for an XVS125 is? I live in the Leeds area if that a difference to your answer.

To give a good example - I can't find a sump plug for my bike anywhere (online and dealers!) and mine 'broke'.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any ideas about where the best place to go to buy spares for an XVS125 is? I live in the Leeds area if that a difference to your answer.

To give a good example - I can't find a sump plug for my bike anywhere (online and dealers!) and mine 'broke'.

Try wemoto they have got some parts for the baby dragstar including a sump plug, another good place is Bitz4Bikes.

Try wemoto they have got some parts for the baby dragstar including a sump plug, another good place is Bitz4Bikes.

..yep, i found Wemoto.com a very good source of XVS125 bits, including over-size front sprockets to lift the max MPH (at the cost of some power I might add).

• 2 months later...

Any old parts shop or a mechanic's who can get parts should be able to order OEM components directly from Yamaha.

Don't take any crap either - Yamaha do next day delivery, especially on simple consumables like filters. Specific parts that rarely break, like drive shafts may take longer though.

Remember to fit a new crush washer with the sump plug!!

Remember to fit a new crush washer with the sump plug!!

Newbie moment alert! Umm... wut? I take it that's one of those split washers? And it didn't have one of those when I took it off; is that bad?

Also a confession: OEM sump plug from dealer: about £2.50. Not the most expensive part I've ever bought then.

I'm just so sick of paying silly money for cheap'n'nasty OEM parts. I'd like to think that if a new exhaust is worth £900 (apparently) then it will last substantially longer than the 4 years the current one has.

How come my '54 plate bike is made predominantly of rust (washed religiously) and my '99 car (Vauxhall, never washed) is fine?

Quick note: OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer.

ie Genuine Yamaha Parts.

Pattern = Cheap & Nasty copies. Sometimes good/better than OEM, but not always.

If in doubt, buy OEM.

Crush washer looks like this:

6iatx.jpg

When you torque the bolt/plug up, the washer crushes slightly and gives a better seal.

How come my '54 plate bike is made predominantly of rust (washed religiously) and my '99 car (Vauxhall, never washed) is fine?

The Vauxhall is probably coated with a protective layer of dirt and road crap.

Give it a thorough wash and see what's underneath.

Bikes do get knackered, I'm afraid, especially in Winter.

Road salt is our enemy, no matter how well we care for the bikes.

Check out the threads here on ACF 50 and Scottoiler FS 565.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online