NEED HELP FROM FZR600 OWNERS!

vic-fzr600
This post is 5688 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI EVERYONE

I RECENTLY ACQUIRED AN FZR600 GENESIS.

V5 REGISTRATION DOCUMENT SAYS ITS A 1994 BUT CHECKS USING FRAME NUMBER (BEGINS 3HE) SAY 1992.

BOTH HEADLIGHT BULBS NOW NEED REPLACED BUT I'M HAVING A NIGHTMARE SOURCING ANY.

EVERYONE I'VE TRIED SO FAR (INCLUDING MAIN AGENT DEALERS) SAY I SHOULD BE USING H4 BULBS BUT THESE ARE TOO BIG - BOTH DIAMETER OF FLANGE AND LENSE ITSELF. ELECTRICAL TERMINALS ON REAR (THERE'S 3 OF THEM) ARE ALSO TOO WIDE ON H4 BULB

WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP A BIKER IN NEED BEFORE I GO MAD????????

THANKS

VIC

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I bought a set of XENON HEADLIGHT BULBS the blues ones and i have used the H4 but i cut it down to fit

as it was too big

my right bulb is a H7 but that fitted ok:)

mybe it was made in 92, but not registeed and used on the road til 94?

my bike was made in 95 but put on the oad in 96, theefore it has a p - plate.

I bought a set of XENON HEADLIGHT BULBS the blues ones and i have used the H4 but i cut it down to fit

as it was too big

my right bulb is a H7 but that fitted ok:)

Thanks for the reply, all responses are greatly appreciated!!

Did you cut the terminals down too, cos they're way too big for my connections to fit onto?

UPDATE -

I FOUND THE BULBS I NEEDED!

DESPITE MAIN AGENTS ALL BEING STUMPED, I SPENT A WHILE ON GOOGLE AND DISCOVERED THE BULBS I NEEDED WERE ACTUALLY USED IN JAP IMPORT CARS (EVIDENTLY MY BIKE HAS BEEN AN IMPORT). SO WENT TO MY LOCAL MOTOR FACTORS, QUOTED P30T AS THE BULB REF AND BINGO!!! QUITE EXPENSIVE AT £19 EACH, BUT CANT REALLY DO WITHOUT THEM!

THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES - HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online