Hell Ride

Goff
This post is 5711 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Me and Lee watched this the other night - absolutely BRILLIANT.

Its very much like a spaghetti western but with bikers. The music and the scenery give it that old Clint Eastwood gringo movie feel.

Stars Larry Bishop, Michael Madsen, Dennis Hopper, Eric Balfour, David Carradine & Vinnie Jones

Im not sure when its released over here in the cinemas but hopefully it will be soon - this movie DESERVES a good screening!

I found this GREAT review on the net about it and it sums up just what i thought - only better:

God Bless Quentin Tarantino for commissioning Lary Bishop to make this movie. God bless the Weinsteins for coming up the with the (small) budget.

It's about time somebody made a real biker movie again, but amped up to even more sleazy, ridiculous, and glorious levels than anything produced during the Golden Age of the Motorcycle Movie, 1966-1974. I would put this one up there with The Wild Angels as one of the best biker flicks ever put to celluloid.

The plot and story arc and simple, tight, and move like a French TGV train: fast! It's a short movie and it flies by. Every frame stuffed with action, menace and bad-ass attitude. All the characters are interesting and well-portrayed, if sleazy, intense, and uncompromising.

There's plenty of sex and the body count is high, but none of it feels gratuitous: these are violent people walking a razor's edge, tying up lose ends that have been plaguing their lives for many decades. It's all an organic part of the tale.

Larry Bishop pulls off the lead role with cool detachment, and Michael Madsen is great, doing what he does best, all cocky swagger and easy dominance of the screen. Great performances all around. David Carradine doesn't have much to do, but at least he is here. Great to see Dennis Hopper on a motorcycle once again! Wearing the fringe jacket! Maybe for the last time? I hope not.

Do notice the trademarked Tarantino shot of looking up from inside the small enclosed box. I guess Larry got permission from Quentin to do that. Or maybe Quentin himself filmed it; I believe he did a small amount of second-unit shooting on this film. You'll know it when you see it, it's in the last scene of the movie. I just had to laugh when I saw that shot. The Tarantino stamp all the way. If I didn't know any better, I could have been convinced that Q. actually directed this joint.

If you are in any way, shape or form, a fan of biker movies, or Quentin Tarantino, or extreme film-making, or classic drive-in movie fare, you MUST check out this ride. This is one HELL RIDE you will not soon forget.

http://www.hellridemovie.com/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Me and Lee watched this the other night - absolutely BRILLIANT.

Its very much like a spaghetti western but with bikers. The music and the scenery give it that old Clint Eastwood gringo movie feel.

Stars Larry Bishop, Michael Madsen, Dennis Hopper, Eric Balfour, David Carradine & Vinnie Jones

Im not sure when its released over here in the cinemas but hopefully it will be soon - this movie DESERVES a good screening!

I found this GREAT review on the net about it and it sums up just what i thought - only better:

God Bless Quentin Tarantino for commissioning Lary Bishop to make this movie. God bless the Weinsteins for coming up the with the (small) budget.

It's about time somebody made a real biker movie again, but amped up to even more sleazy, ridiculous, and glorious levels than anything produced during the Golden Age of the Motorcycle Movie, 1966-1974. I would put this one up there with The Wild Angels as one of the best biker flicks ever put to celluloid.

The plot and story arc and simple, tight, and move like a French TGV train: fast! It's a short movie and it flies by. Every frame stuffed with action, menace and bad-ass attitude. All the characters are interesting and well-portrayed, if sleazy, intense, and uncompromising.

There's plenty of sex and the body count is high, but none of it feels gratuitous: these are violent people walking a razor's edge, tying up lose ends that have been plaguing their lives for many decades. It's all an organic part of the tale.

Larry Bishop pulls off the lead role with cool detachment, and Michael Madsen is great, doing what he does best, all cocky swagger and easy dominance of the screen. Great performances all around. David Carradine doesn't have much to do, but at least he is here. Great to see Dennis Hopper on a motorcycle once again! Wearing the fringe jacket! Maybe for the last time? I hope not.

Do notice the trademarked Tarantino shot of looking up from inside the small enclosed box. I guess Larry got permission from Quentin to do that. Or maybe Quentin himself filmed it; I believe he did a small amount of second-unit shooting on this film. You'll know it when you see it, it's in the last scene of the movie. I just had to laugh when I saw that shot. The Tarantino stamp all the way. If I didn't know any better, I could have been convinced that Q. actually directed this joint.

If you are in any way, shape or form, a fan of biker movies, or Quentin Tarantino, or extreme film-making, or classic drive-in movie fare, you MUST check out this ride. This is one HELL RIDE you will not soon forget.

http://www.hellridemovie.com/

Watched it last night. Typical Tarentino movie. Hopper looked great. Brilliant movie. The review is definatly better than I can express.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online