dk motorcycles

WR250
This post is 5705 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes DK are very well known, they usually run big ads in mcn etc. They are a dealer of PARALLEL IMPORTS, these are bikes which they have imported themselves. This is reason why it is 1000 cheaper. In essence what they do is buy it somewhere else in europe (often cyprus), they get a massve discount for buying many, then then export to the UK straight away (to avoid local taxes) and sell them here.

It is cheaper, but be aware that you may not be covered by recall modifications etc - you would need to check with the dealer in question. It will not be classified as an official UK bike - occasionally this can affect insurance, but usually only if it is not to UK spec or was imported from outside of the EU (the states etc).

Parallel imports used to be much cheaper, but the gap is closing and often UK bikes are just as cheap if you shop around. UK bikes may also come with a cash-back or other stuff. Other parallel dealers i can recall are KJM superbike and Taz.

Yeah ive heard of them too. Ive been to their showroom a few times and I have a couple of mates who have bought bikes from them.

Cant really add much more to what pilinggas has said though except they have a great selection of bikes to choose from.

i bought some gloves from them online ............ never turned up and never saw my money again

i bought some gloves from them online ............ never turned up and never saw my money again

Did you chase it up though? They are a big place not a crappy little company so i cant see them not sorting it?

whats the after sales service like from DK then?

and would buying a bike from them have any down sides with insurance?

buying new, would I have to keep going back for services or any warranty issues etc

or could i take it to any yamaha dealer?

cheers

Warranties are worth jack shit anyway, so if you wanted to take it to a Yam dealer its not gonna cause you any problems. If in the unlikely event it does need to go back and its still in warranty then take it back to DK and get whatever it needs doing done.

Ive had a couple of people i know buy from them and they havent had any problems. Having said that its the same with any bike you buy. You dont know really do you.

buy the bike from DK, put £1000 in the bank for three years. if you have had no problems with it, you are one lucky sob with over a grand in the bank as a deposit on your next new bike! If you do have anything go wrong that the seller cannot (or will not) sort, you have a sinking fund.

Parallels traditionally have lower 2nd hand resale values than officially imported bikes, but the longer you keep em the less impact it has, and by the time they are well used it has little if any effect on prices as condition and history are more an issue than how much it cost when new. ( or where it came from).

Yeah i chased it up they said we will call you back in 5mins 2 hours later no call kept pestering them 4 about 2 weeks every day and nothing they just didnt wana know. :angry:

Yeah i chased it up they said we will call you back in 5mins 2 hours later no call kept pestering them 4 about 2 weeks every day and nothing they just didnt wana know. :angry:

doesnt sound very good.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online