yzf r125 derestrict

chrisdvf
This post is 4620 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

Just got back into biking after 20 yrs or so, bought a new yam yzf r125 great bike but could do with a little more power, can anyone advise me how to derestrict

thanks

there isnt any restrictor in it, unlike a 2stroke.

You would get more power out of it with a RACE PIPE, like any bike. Yammy always aim their 125cc road range at learners rather than full licence holders

there isnt any restrictor in it, unlike a 2stroke.

You would get more power out of it with a RACE PIPE, like any bike. Yammy always aim their 125cc road range at learners rather than full licence holders

cheers for advice, i will check out and see what i can pick up for a decent price.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody got a de-restricted R-125 ?

Whats it like over the standered etc

I'm not aware of any electronic restriction - although not spoken to a dealer. As far as I know benefits from a race pipe would be pretty minimal, mainly weight saving (70% on some of them) and bypasses the cats so you might gain 1 or 2hp?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Just got back into biking after 20 yrs or so, bought a new yam yzf r125 great bike but could do with a little more power, can anyone advise me how to derestrict

thanks

Do Not Derestrict the Bike!! I Did And It Went Bang! And Warrenty Was No Longer Valid. Including The Bike And Parts To Make Itt Faster I Spend Around £4500. Save Your Money!

Do Not Derestrict the Bike!! I Did And It Went Bang! And Warrenty Was No Longer Valid. Including The Bike And Parts To Make Itt Faster I Spend Around £4500. Save Your Money!

Thanks for advice, think i will leave well alone and spend money on bigger bike when i've taken test etc. out of interest was the work done by dealer, if it was you might be able to claim something back.

Do Not De restrict the Bike!! I Did And It Went Bang, how would De restricting the engine make it go bang,

have you tried De restricting the air box and have you tried a foam air filter or a cone filter if you do this then you might need to up jet the carb to stop the engine running lean, you could try a different exhaust,

Do Not De restrict the Bike!! I Did And It Went Bang, how would De restricting the engine make it go bang,

have you tried De restricting the air box and have you tried a foam air filter or a cone filter if you do this then you might need to up jet the carb to stop the engine running lean, you could try a different exhaust,

I Had Spent Loads On The Bike Had It About 25 bhp Running It To Much And The Engine Couldnt Haddle The Power

• 2 months later...

I Had Spent Loads On The Bike Had It About 25 bhp Running It To Much And The Engine Couldnt Haddle The Power

If you used a Power Commander to remap bike’s stock fuel injection system after installing all your mods then it wouldn't have run too lean and wouldn't have seized

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there,

I went to my dealer and found that my yam IS restricted, and they will not de-restrict it unless i show them my full license, now obviously i dont intend on doing my full license just yet, (otherwise i wouldnt be on here).

Any help on how to de-restrict the bike whilst still only containing the stock parts would be greatly appreciated.

(I know it can be done)

Many Thanks :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Guys dont forget that assuming you weigh 60 Kg, approx 10.5 st, on the YZF-R125, a total of some 200Kg an increase of 1-2 hp is a gain of 5-10 bhp per ton an increase from 75BHP per ton to 85...

The standard exhaust weighs something like 4 kilos and a leovince, scorpion weighs a quarter of that which again increases the bhp/ton

This bike may be restricted electronicaly but as with a car engine the increase in power comes from tuning..

I have noticed on mine the top of the air filter box has the inlets on the back of it. I've not had the tank off so cannot see the shape of the filter box but it looks like it may be possible to rotate the top through 180 degrees and feed cool air into the box. This could achieve a ram effect!

Can anyone confirm if the top of the box can be rotated?

• 1 year later...

Guys dont forget that assuming you weigh 60 Kg, approx 10.5 st, on the YZF-R125, a total of some 200Kg an increase of 1-2 hp is a gain of 5-10 bhp per ton an increase from 75BHP per ton to 85...

The standard exhaust weighs something like 4 kilos and a leovince, scorpion weighs a quarter of that which again increases the bhp/ton

This bike may be restricted electronicaly but as with a car engine the increase in power comes from tuning..

I have noticed on mine the top of the air filter box has the inlets on the back of it. I've not had the tank off so cannot see the shape of the filter box but it looks like it may be possible to rotate the top through 180 degrees and feed cool air into the box. This could achieve a ram effect!

Can anyone confirm if the top of the box can be rotated?

can't be rotated lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online