Yamaha YZF-R125

DesignerDave
This post is 5643 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forum, I am taking my CBT on friday and I am looking to get a Yamaha YZF-R125.

Is this a good choice for a 1st bike? I also am having trouble deciding which colour. I would love to get the black but I am not to keen on the amount of silver trim on it.

Does it come in all black? Does anyone know when the new 2009 colours will be released?

Thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 month later...

Actually i saw an all black YZF R125 without the silver trim in at a bike shop the other day. So i went to the owner and he said that he bought the black trim from a broken Yellow R125. So thats one way to do it. So keep an eye out on floating around parts that may be coming from write offs.

But Yamaha have released the new colour scheme for the YZF R125s now.

If you look on this link : YZF R125 Colours

There is an all black one but its got a large white stripe through it that was taken from the blue one.

Personally i think the 2007/8 colours are better.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yes, torn between a scorpion or leo vince. About the same price for both (If I get a scorpion one it will be the carbon so +£££),I have a scorpion on my Xl125v and it growls! Something about the leo vince that really tickles my fancy though.

Il get the Scorpion and you get the Leo ;)

Then if i come meet you when i get my bike you can have a look :lol: haha!

Please stop posting pics of this bike!

The more I see it the more I want it!! :D