88 FZR1000 clutch lever

JDM Ron
This post is 5686 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

clutch lever will not pull in right now - don't know if the slave cyl is frozen, clutch is incorrectly installed, or what.

will go through all gears in tranny when sitting, all gears are firm. clutch is disengaged completely when started. (ie: put it in gear and it doesn't move)

what does anyone think of this? i like the bike but i dont want to do a clutch or anything serious

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it might just be something as simple as the line being kinked or grabbed by something. trace it down and check if it is held back by anything. Also, if your bike is anything like my fz600 when you full the lever does the cable connector thing on top of the clutch cover do anything? if not, then it is your clutch line, no doubt about it. if it does move and your line gives response than it is most likely your clutch... maybe your plates stuck together if it sat for a while... :unsure:

i dont think its kinked, i tried bleeding the lines, shop down the street told me theres a piston inside the master cylinder attached to the clutch lever that gets caught if its been sitting for a while, i know the bike hasnt been ridden atleast since june of last year, im gonna run down the list and start with the master cylinder, hopefully i wont have to do the clutch on it, im still fairly new to bikes, not so much cars though

Hi There,

from the sounds of things it might just be that your clutch plates are stuck,your on the right lines by bleeding the clutch first, Next thing to try is to fire the bike up and let it run untill it gets nice and hot this should thin the oil out and hopefully release the clutch plates, try and put it into gear when its nice and hot and running and see what happens. ( just remember to keep the brakes on )

Hope this helps

Regards

Bill

Hi There,

from the sounds of things it might just be that your clutch plates are stuck,your on the right lines by bleeding the clutch first, Next thing to try is to fire the bike up and let it run untill it gets nice and hot this should thin the oil out and hopefully release the clutch plates, try and put it into gear when its nice and hot and running and see what happens. ( just remember to keep the brakes on )

Hope this helps

Regards

Bill

Is bleeding the clutch different from bleeding the Line? im sorry like i said im new to this so i have no idea

Is bleeding the clutch different from bleeding the Line? im sorry like i said im new to this so i have no idea

anyone else have any ideas? im open to about everything right now i just want my bike back on the road

Not so easy to diagnose but here goes. If the clutch lever cannot be pulled back as you stated in the start of your sentance then it must be the master cylinder. If the lever pulls back but nothing else happens, it could be the slave cylinder. If the slave cylinder is moving but the clutch does not dis-engage, then its inside under the clutch

If it is none of these, you are holding the front brake lever.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so easy to diagnose but here goes. If the clutch lever cannot be pulled back as you stated in the start of your sentance then it must be the master cylinder. If the lever pulls back but nothing else happens, it could be the slave cylinder. If the slave cylinder is moving but the clutch does not dis-engage, then its inside under the clutch

If it is none of these, you are holding the front brake lever.

Im gonna have to start with the slave next, because i rebuilt the master cylinder, the clutch lever moves and all that good stuff but it wont go into gear, so im just gonna be going down the line.

and no lol im not holding the brake lever, i wish i was that stupid though cuz atleast i could do some riding

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online