High Heels and bikes

Goff
This post is 5617 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am well aware of what English and European roads are like. I was there as a child and then again in the Army stationed in Germany. You have not lived till you have to drive a 2 1/2 ton large truck with trailer through small German towns. I swear that many german roads were laid out by following a wander goat, and they didn't bother to widen the track much from the goat trail when they paved it.

try an artic around some parts of british towns and cities

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Jeans and high heels ! I saw a girl on the back of a bike this year, flip flops and a bikini .....made my teeth curl at the thought of what would happen in a smash.

Oh and that picture of the road.....try cutting it down to half it's width, add some bumpy tarmac repairs, hedges either side, some manhole covers on the cornering line, smear it with mud and cow shit and that'll give you an idea of British roads. How they do the speeds they do at the IOM I'll never know.

Steve

My other half rides her own bike, also an XVS650 Custom.

She rides in high heels sometimes.

Big her up if you want, girl power and all that.

I think she's stupid.

But it's her choice.

For anyone else who rides in less than full kit, but "only on short trips, never on the motorway" or whatever other bollocks you care to try and justify it with....

Friend of mine was an advanced riding instructor. He had a false leg.

He used to show it off as an example to his students.

He crashed at just FIFTEEN miles an hour... and lost that leg.

Doesn't matter how fast/slow you're going.

Wear what you like - It's your choice.

NO amount of thinking you're cool will save you if some other twat in a cage decides not to look.......

Ride safe,

Woody.

Must be a in thing with instructors mine lost his leg in a lo speed accident he was the admin for another forum till he died in a bike accident this year.

Am i the only woman who wonders WHY the fuck pillion passengers wear high heels?

Went out for a bimble last night on Elvira to the local biker haunt for some food when 2 identical bikes pulled in each with a pillion. Both wearing the same jacket, jeans and high heels!! Now am i just being a grouch or am i missing something? Im a bit of a "down in the dirt" biker - i dont believe that, if you are a woman, being done up to the nines, with a face full of slap, wearing the tightest pair of keks you can find and a pair of high heels is a requirement to ride pillion, not to mention they aint gonna do much if the bike goes down - so what is it exactly that i am missing?

Men? :)

Well I don't know what's so unusual about chicks riding in high heels,

Whenever I'm going out to a bar (to drink orange juice..) I've always got a face full o' slap and High heels on. nothing safer than 'em! obviously...

Jeans and high heels ! I saw a girl on the back of a bike this year, flip flops and a bikini .....made my teeth curl at the thought of what would happen in a smash.

Oh and that picture of the road.....try cutting it down to half it's width, add some bumpy tarmac repairs, hedges either side, some manhole covers on the cornering line, smear it with mud and cow shit and that'll give you an idea of British roads. How they do the speeds they do at the IOM I'll never know.

Steve

You just described most of the back roads in California. Lots and lots of badly maintained roads. Make for some fun riding.