High Heels and bikes

Goff
This post is 5616 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Am i the only woman who wonders WHY the fuck pillion passengers wear high heels?

Went out for a bimble last night on Elvira to the local biker haunt for some food when 2 identical bikes pulled in each with a pillion. Both wearing the same jacket, jeans and high heels!! Now am i just being a grouch or am i missing something? Im a bit of a "down in the dirt" biker - i dont believe that, if you are a woman, being done up to the nines, with a face full of slap, wearing the tightest pair of keks you can find and a pair of high heels is a requirement to ride pillion, not to mention they aint gonna do much if the bike goes down - so what is it exactly that i am missing?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only woman who wonders WHY the fuck pillion passengers wear high heels?

Went out for a bimble last night on Elvira to the local biker haunt for some food when 2 identical bikes pulled in each with a pillion. Both wearing the same jacket, jeans and high heels!! Now am i just being a grouch or am i missing something? Im a bit of a "down in the dirt" biker - i dont believe that, if you are a woman, being done up to the nines, with a face full of slap, wearing the tightest pair of keks you can find and a pair of high heels is a requirement to ride pillion, not to mention they aint gonna do much if the bike goes down - so what is it exactly that i am missing?

I think women done up to the nines look very nice! :rolleyes:

Then again, I have the same issues with guys riding in shorts, tee-shirts etc, but the biggest thing that gets me is gloves, why don't people wear gloves?

OK so it's a personal thing and it doesn't hurt anyone but the daft bugger who comes off - or does it? they take up time in A&E, or worse a bed and we all pay fo that....Hmmmmm, worth a though

With the massive advances in technical clothing there is just no good reason for it. I've a rally suit from Hein Gericke, and I've worn it from the freezing early December morning dash across the north Pennines to Gibraltar in summer and it works fine. I just don't get it.

Go on, someone explain,,,, please ?

"down in the dirt"

That conjours up a very different image.............

Its a long long way down from some of them sports bike pillion seats, they might have to be lifted off the bike without the heels :blink:

They sound more like more like an accessory than a passenger in all that matching gear :)

Two bikes flew down a road near me the other day doing about 70 in a 30. Both riders in t.shirts/jeans. Both female pillions in shorts and vests................. AND high heels. Not only that one of them was on L plates!!

Donuts, eh?

I agree with Goff, but some people just won't compromise their appearance in favour of safety. Maybe they should introduce some kind of penalty system for it by making it compulsory to ride safety gear like they did with helmets years ago. Mind you, they weren't compulsory when I first got on a bike in January 1973!!

TTFN ;)

Two bikes flew down a road near me the other day doing about 70 in a 30. Both riders in t.shirts/jeans. Both female pillions in shorts and vests................. AND high heels. Not only that one of them was on L plates!!

Donuts, eh?

I agree with Goff, but some people just won't compromise their appearance in favour of safety. Maybe they should introduce some kind of penalty system for it by making it compulsory to ride safety gear like they did with helmets years ago. Mind you, they weren't compulsory when I first got on a bike in January 1973!!

TTFN ;)

"Dress for the fall.............not for the ride" - and if you want a reminder (not for the faint hearted) visit the 'ride to die' website - preferably before eating!

What is worse GOFF, is the Pillion Pollys are probably wearing helmets at least a size too big as well so they don't get 'helmet hair'!

Don't know about compulsory gear, in my opinion there is far too much nanny legislation in this country - to me this is just COMMON SENSE - if you don't want to get a bad case of Road Rash - dress appropriately!!!!

:rant:

Im not questioning whether they should or shouldn't wear proper gear really - its up to them and if they haven't got the common sense to wear stuff thats going to help lessen their injuries should an accident happen then more fool them - im more curious as to why its become a fashion parade and some are more worried about their appearance as sturdeebiker touched upon.

The amount of make-up some of these women wear is ridiculous - can you imagine how disgusting the inside of their lid must be with all that make up thats rubbed off - yeuk.

Also - being a biker is not a clean hobby is it - lets face it - how many of you have set off for a days riding fresh out the shower and smelling all clean - only to return home later needing another shower cos you are startin to stink like a sweaty sock - i know i have, but by christ have i had a good ride out!

Gas Up - what i mean by "down in the dirt" biker is that i dont give a stuff what i look like, i get dirty fixing my bikes, i get dirty riding them and i dont worry about whether im gonna break a nail or if my hair resembles a birds nest. I will drink beer, swear and chat shit with the most hairy arsed of them and fight to the last man standing if i believe my fellow biker needs me.

High heels, a ton of slap and perching your arse on a pillion seat does not make a woman a biker IMHO - but it is just my opinion, humble or not - and i just dont get it.

Hear Hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how many of them have spent 4-5 hours polishing a dragstar? LMAO

Hear Hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how many of them have spent 4-5 hours polishing a dragstar? LMAO

Fuckin 'ell you spend THAT long on it - wanna come do mine? :lol:;)

Im not questioning whether they should or shouldn't wear proper gear really - its up to them and if they haven't got the common sense to wear stuff thats going to help lessen their injuries should an accident happen then more fool them - im more curious as to why its become a fashion parade and some are more worried about their appearance as sturdeebiker touched upon.

The amount of make-up some of these women wear is ridiculous - can you imagine how disgusting the inside of their lid must be with all that make up thats rubbed off - yeuk.

Also - being a biker is not a clean hobby is it - lets face it - how many of you have set off for a days riding fresh out the shower and smelling all clean - only to return home later needing another shower cos you are startin to stink like a sweaty sock - i know i have, but by christ have i had a good ride out!

Gas Up - what i mean by "down in the dirt" biker is that i dont give a stuff what i look like, i get dirty fixing my bikes, i get dirty riding them and i dont worry about whether im gonna break a nail or if my hair resembles a birds nest. I will drink beer, swear and chat shit with the most hairy arsed of them and fight to the last man standing if i believe my fellow biker needs me.

High heels, a ton of slap and perching your arse on a pillion seat does not make a woman a biker IMHO - but it is just my opinion, humble or not - and i just dont get it.

Ahhh GOFF now you are getting into the whole philosophical debate on Women as people or objects and possessions!

Personally I don't disagree with anything you say - My OH REFUSED to ride pillion with me - and went in posse with us on the trusty YB100 until she passed her test.

I much prefer to rock up to a bike meet with OH on her own bike - and I know she does - she says it makes her more of a 'proper biker' not just a dolly!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ahhh GOFF now you are getting into the whole philosophical debate on Women as people or objects and possessions!

Thats only because they allow themselves to be those things - should get off their priddy lil asses and get their own bike - if they can spend the time doing themselves up like Barbie - they can spend the time doin the test. ;)

Whilst i accept that some women cannot ride their own because of various "issues" they may have, be it a disability or some other physical problem, sitting on the back of a blokes bike looking like you just stepped out the pages of Next Directory is really quite sad.

Personally I don't disagree with anything you say - My OH REFUSED to ride pillion with me - and went in posse with us on the trusty YB100 until she passed her test.

I much prefer to rock up to a bike meet with OH on her own bike - and I know she does - she says it makes her more of a 'proper biker' not just a dolly!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kudos to yer missus! metal.gif

Me too. In our house OH rides a 250 Dragstar and me the 650! Girl Power eh, hehehe. It's great when we turn up for the rides.

Bless him.

Don't you spend that long polishing your bike then Goff? I am like a thing possessed when I give mine a good going over. Last time I did her I followed up by washing, resin polishing then high gloss polishing the Beamer too. Man did my arms ache next day. But I do like them both looking nice. Besides I live next to sea and dont want all that salt causing a problem with my chrome!!

Me too. In our house OH rides a 250 Dragstar and me the 650! Girl Power eh, hehehe.

You go girl! motorcycle4.gif

Besides I live next to sea and dont want all that salt causing a problem with my chrome!!

I hear ya sista! :lol:

Although i have just been to ASDA and bought some of that JML scratch remover advertised on the telly because im quite sad at times and cos Elvira has the TINIEST of scratches here and there - but i know they are there so they have to go dont they - but i bet its shite :lol:

And its pissin down here so cant get out to clean it anywhoooo :angry:

..... The amount of make-up some of these women wear is ridiculous - ......

Some people just don't have the natural beauty that others have, some think you can get it out of a bottle/jar. Imagine waking up to it in the morning, with the face still impregnated on the pillow! :barf:

I knew what you ment, er mean :beerchug: - just my sick little early morning mind! Oh god here I go again, mud baths and skimpy biki... STOP IT! I'm going to take KT for a good thrashing down the back lanes.... (KT, have to name the bloody bike or my missus has no idea what I'm taking about!). :eusa_naughty:

Sorry of any offence :hug2:

Peein down here too and we are supposed to be the sunniest town in the UK!! No bike riding for me today. Hence sittin on the internet looking for a holiday.

Was your paint job expensive? (If you dont mind me asking)

Peein down here too and we are supposed to be the sunniest town in the UK!! No bike riding for me today. Hence sittin on the internet looking for a holiday.

Was your paint job expensive? (If you dont mind me asking)

£150 for the artwork

Seriously

Although i had to get the base coat and laquering done myself - my OH did some plastering for his mate who happens to be a paint sprayer so that didnt cost anything, but if you add whatever that might cost onto the artwork i guess you'd be looking at about £400 ish? Not too sure what base coat and laquering costs these days

I quite agree, it makes me laugh seeing women in heels on bikes because they must be so uncomfortable and prob freezing as we have all been victims of that frozen calf feeling! It's worrying tho that they are willing to sake vanity for safety. I wear my bike gear and it doesn't bother me at all and i like nothing better than razzing my bike round my horses field covered in mud just for the fun of it!! :D

I saw a man and a woman yesterday, she had high heals, short skirt and little top on..he was wearing a full race suit....nice of him to think of her safety. Anyway, I looked at her heels and he had had the pillions pegs plate welded so her feet where on a plate rather than a peg...quite a botched affair really, he had thought about her feet and made a nice plate for them..but still not thought about her road rash she may get....

I dont get it with the biker dollies. My OH comes on the back of me all the time, some days she says " Oh I wont bother with the pants or jacket" I say , "Well , Youd better, cos I aint going anywhere unless you do"

Then she puts the stuff on and I dont have to worry to much. Im happy, shes happy and more to the point, safer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online