High Heels and bikes

Goff
This post is 5639 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Lets see a piccy of yor lovely missus then!

Was last there in 2005 - will hopefully be going back either nest year or the year after :D

Will try to sort one but I have more pics of my bike than my missus ( hehehehe) 2005 is not long but must admit this weekend it was my village feast and with your words in my mind I did notice the old hags, they tend to look rather off......:) next time you vist us make sure to pop to ghajn Tuffieha on a Sunday Morning all island bikers are there showing off their bikes.....

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... Anyhow - I thought that I would add that over here in the states NOBODY wears proper gear. Maybe one in 25 riders I see has the "right" gear......even dudes on crotch-rockets seem to prefer shorts, sneakers, and t-shirts.

(English/US translations mostly included)

Waiting in a traffic queue/line at Daytona last year, an R1 pulled up next to me. The rider had a bandana and shades, t-shirt, shorts and trainers/sneakers. His pillion had nothing but a bikini, shades and slingback high heels.

However, what concerned me more than that (with my seriously-clothed Brit biker head on) was that the rear tyre/tire was worn through to the canvas. We had rain later that day; I hope those two were tucked up safely at home before it hit.

Waiting in a traffic queue/line at Daytona last year, an R1 pulled up next to me. The rider had a bandana and shades, t-shirt, shorts and trainers/sneakers. His pillion had nothing but a bikini, shades and slingback high heels.

However, what concerned me more than that (with my seriously-clothed Brit biker head on) was that the rear tyre/tire was worn through to the canvas. We had rain later that day; I hope those two were tucked up safely at home before it hit.

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention a while back when I was talking about our (American's) disregard for wearing protective gear - there are a hand full of states that do not even require the use of helmets. I know that South Carolina is one of them. Florida as well I suppose. And possibly California though I am not sure. Riding a motorcycle with no brain-bucket securley fastened is indeed a death wish.

I invite you all for a ride on our tiny island of Malta.......not much worries about the weather but corners, junctions, sharp turns, crazy car drivers ( driving in the shade) and as many potholes as you can possibly count, so pls. pls. don't complain about your roads........
I visited Malta once when I was younger - Beautiful place, Fantastic weather and all the above gripes!

I was too young for a motor, but I did cycle around a bit - and I'll agree - Crazy car drivers and tiny little bits of road between potholes...

As for the Vanity vs Safety issue - I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

When the weather is fine and the it's baking hot - *hangs head in shame* - I have been known to go out wearing trainers, shorts and a shirt...

I KNOW, I know - I shouldn't, I know if I come off it'll be agony and I know it's a silly risk.

*here come the excuses*

Only on bright clear sunny days,

Only by myself,

Only "cruising speed" (more than 50mph gets too chilly anyway)

NEVER on the motorway!

On the flip side -

I wear a Hi-vis vest over my jacket to and from work (commuting ain't about style - its about surviving!)

My waterproofs are Hi-vis too (if it's raining, visibility is reduced and breaking distances increase... so I want to be seen!)

I'm a BIG fan of Draggin Jeans - two jackets and lots of jeans/camo's/combats... The jackets are ace for those hot, sunny days and I now at least wear the Ultra-light whenever I go out (it's cool enough for even the hottest of days!). The jeans are my everyday trousers - which makes it a lot easier to jump on the bike at a moments notice.

Pillions MUST be wearing decent gear, Boots/Jacket/Gloves/Lid/Trousers NO heels/skirts/bare-hands - If the worst happens, pillions come off the worst! also, no speeding with a pillion.

p.s. When I had the GS - I ALWAYS wore ALL the right gear.

Apologies for length - you may flame me now...

I visited Malta once when I was younger - Beautiful place, Fantastic weather and all the above gripes!

I was too young for a motor, but I did cycle around a bit - and I'll agree - Crazy car drivers and tiny little bits of road between potholes...

When the weather is fine and the it's baking hot - *hangs head in shame* - I have been known to go out wearing trainers, shorts and a shirt...

I KNOW, I know - I shouldn't, I know if I come off it'll be agony and I know it's a silly risk.

*here come the excuses*

Only by myself,

NEVER on the motorway!

On the flip side -

I wear a Hi-vis vest over my jacket to and from work (commuting ain't about style - its about surviving!)

My waterproofs are Hi-vis too,

I'm a BIG fan of Draggin Jeans - two jackets and lots of jeans/camo's/combats... The jackets are ace for those hot, sunny days and I now at least wear the Ultra-light whenever I go out (it's cool enough for even the hottest of days!). The jeans are my everyday trousers - which makes it a lot easier to jump on the bike at a moments notice.

Pillions MUST be wearing decent gear, Boots/Jacket/Gloves/Lid/Trousers NO heels/skirts/bare-hands - If the worst happens, pillions come off the worst! also, no speeding with a pillion.

Burn baby burn!!!! I just think of the pain...

A friend of mine was knocked off wearing just shorts, tshirt and trainers...after he came round from his coma, they then started to scrub all the grit and stones out of his arms and legs. Upon asking why they waited for two weeks (the length of his coma) to perform this task..they replied that they wanted him to suffer so he wouldnt do it again........

Guest Exupnutta

Burn baby burn!!!! I just think of the pain...

A friend of mine was knocked off wearing just shorts, tshirt and trainers...after he came round from his coma, they then started to scrub all the grit and stones out of his arms and legs. Upon asking why they waited for two weeks (the length of his coma) to perform this task..they replied that they wanted him to suffer so he wouldnt do it again........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We call those squids over here. Something to do with what the internal organs look like spread all over the road.

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention a while back when I was talking about our (American's) disregard for wearing protective gear - there are a hand full of states that do not even require the use of helmets. I know that South Carolina is one of them. Florida as well I suppose. And possibly California though I am not sure. Riding a motorcycle with no brain-bucket securley fastened is indeed a death wish.

While I personally don't believe in helmut laws (but at the same time believe anyone who rides without one is a blithering idiot), California does indeed require a helmet when riding. I wish they required at least shoes as well as idiots ride in sandals around here.

*here come the excuses*

Only by myself,

NEVER on the motorway!

On the flip side -

My waterproofs are Hi-vis too (if it's raining, visibility is reduced and breaking distances increase... so I want to be seen!)

Nothing wrong with hi-viz dude! Rave's made em cool! I wear mine so i can be seen and so car drivers can't say "oh i didn't see you"!!

On the subject of t-shirts and bandanas...Best not to practice stoppies eh :o

AZ2_stoppy.jpg

Ooh, bet that hurt!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Am i the only woman who wonders WHY the fuck pillion passengers wear high heels?

Went out for a bimble last night on Elvira to the local biker haunt for some food when 2 identical bikes pulled in each with a pillion. Both wearing the same jacket, jeans and high heels!! Now am i just being a grouch or am i missing something? Im a bit of a "down in the dirt" biker - i dont believe that, if you are a woman, being done up to the nines, with a face full of slap, wearing the tightest pair of keks you can find and a pair of high heels is a requirement to ride pillion, not to mention they aint gonna do much if the bike goes down - so what is it exactly that i am missing?

stupid tarts deserve to bust their ankles might make them think twice bikes are about the thrill not wot u look like

Believe me mate......You're NOT the only ones with Corners. ;)

420_009.jpg

come over here & do some proper bends not just the fast ones ..... run from Lampeter to Brecon (thro the beacons) the pic shows the fastest bend you'd see

Regards Jim

My other half rides her own bike, also an XVS650 Custom.

She rides in high heels sometimes.

Big her up if you want, girl power and all that.

I think she's stupid.

But it's her choice.

For anyone else who rides in less than full kit, but "only on short trips, never on the motorway" or whatever other bollocks you care to try and justify it with....

Friend of mine was an advanced riding instructor. He had a false leg.

He used to show it off as an example to his students.

He crashed at just FIFTEEN miles an hour... and lost that leg.

Doesn't matter how fast/slow you're going.

Wear what you like - It's your choice.

NO amount of thinking you're cool will save you if some other twat in a cage decides not to look.......

Ride safe,

Woody.

*here come the excuses*

Only by myself,

NEVER on the motorway!

You MIGHT survive the accident if you come off - but you're more than likely gonna die from the severe injuries you will sustain - even if its just losing half your skin from severe road rash......theres more to it than just patching you up and sending you home - you will more than likely lose the limb you have scraped along the road through it becoming irrepairable or gangrenous - and if that mutha spreads you're well and truly fucked

On the flip side -

At least you got SOME sense :lol:;)

Just be bloody careful out there........20 minutes to gear up properly could save you 20 years of misery......

Just be bloody careful out there........20 minutes to gear up properly could save you 20 years of misery......

20 minutes? Doesn't take more than about 5 to gear up. Boots, protective overpants, jacket, helmet and gloves. I don't wear specialized riding boots, just good sturdy high top boots that I wear most of the time (since my bike is my primary ride) and the pants just zip on over the top of the pants and the jacket goes on over that, the remember to put the helmet on and fasten the strap BEFORE putting on the gloves (DAMHIKT). :blink:

My other half rides her own bike, also an XVS650 Custom.

She rides in high heels sometimes.

Big her up if you want, girl power and all that.

I think she's stupid.

But it's her choice.

For anyone else who rides in less than full kit, but "only on short trips, never on the motorway" or whatever other bollocks you care to try and justify it with....

Friend of mine was an advanced riding instructor. He had a false leg.

He used to show it off as an example to his students.

He crashed at just FIFTEEN miles an hour... and lost that leg.

Doesn't matter how fast/slow you're going.

Wear what you like - It's your choice.

NO amount of thinking you're cool will save you if some other twat in a cage decides not to look.......

Ride safe,

Woody.

Well said.

It bugs me that we (all of use who pay taxes anyway) have to pay to have these people put back together.

Me, never turn a wheel without full gear - I had had a low speed spill when I was 17 with jeans on, as I went down the denim gripped the skin on my legs and made a nasty wound as it tore. To this day (23 years later) I still have no feeling around my kneecap. funny thing is, it was the jeans and not the road impact that did the damage.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online