High Heels and bikes

Goff
This post is 5617 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I simply love to hear (read) how you crazy brits talk! ha ha. I have to use context clues to decipher all the slang. Anyhow - I thought that I would add that over here in the states NOBODY wears proper gear. Maybe one in 25 riders I see has the "right" gear. Take in mind that I think we have a larger contingency of Harley jerks and custom idiots. But even dudes on crotch-rockets seem to prefer shorts, sneakers, and t-shirts. From what I gather I doubt that you all would enjoy the riding experience over here quite as much. I think you take your riding much more seriously. dont know tho- i could be wrong. cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Exupnutta

I simply love to hear (read) how you crazy brits talk! ha ha. I have to use context clues to decipher all the slang.

Oh no you didn't :lol:

Anyhow - I thought that I would add that over here in the states NOBODY wears proper gear. Maybe one in 25 riders I see has the "right" gear. Take in mind that I think we have a larger contingency of Harley jerks and custom idiots. But even dudes on crotch-rockets seem to prefer shorts, sneakers, and t-shirts. From what I gather I doubt that you all would enjoy the riding experience over here quite as much. I think you take your riding much more seriously. dont know tho- i could be wrong. cheers!

Dude... WE HAVE CORNERS.... THAT'S what biking is all about ;)

Guest Exupnutta

I used to take my OH out on the back with me, BUT not until she had:

- A proper Lid

- Gloves

- Boots

- Full leathers

- AND some safety training ;)

I simply love to hear (read) how you crazy brits talk! ha ha. I have to use context clues to decipher all the slang. Anyhow - I thought that I would add that over here in the states NOBODY wears proper gear. Maybe one in 25 riders I see has the "right" gear. Take in mind that I think we have a larger contingency of Harley jerks and custom idiots. But even dudes on crotch-rockets seem to prefer shorts, sneakers, and t-shirts. From what I gather I doubt that you all would enjoy the riding experience over here quite as much. I think you take your riding much more seriously. dont know tho- i could be wrong. cheers!

An American calling us Brits crazy! lol! We have fun but like having skin too! My friend came off his bikewearing jeans and trainers (or sneakers) skidded down the road on his side ripped his jeans to ribbons and his skin he had stitches all down one side and on his feet were his sneaker/trainer flew off and had to have the tarmac removed from his cuts umm each to their own but i think the point is we have fun but have respect for what we ride and what can happen instead of looking `cool`. ;)

Believe me mate......You're NOT the only ones with Corners. ;)

420_009.jpg

I saw one on a crotch rocket the other day with sandals. Such an idiot! Just having to put your foot down to catch your balance if you do something stupid (like I did the other day doing a u-turn and had to do the stomp and twist (stomp the inboard foot and twist the throttle to pull the bike upright)).

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

420_009.jpg

Thats some smooooooooooth bit of tarmac my friend sweeeeeeeeeeeet

420_009.jpg

Scott

You have corners and roads without potholes.

gotta agree the whole clothing on bies thing or the lack of it i see at times proves some people do not think

merv

Scott

gotta agree the whole clothing on bies thing or the lack of it i see at times proves some people do not think

merv

I just had to reply, Yanks having a go at brits and vice versa, both complaining about their slang and roads....ok here goes, I have learnt English at school since the age of 5 ( very very long time ago) and yet I have to decipher both your slang.....now when it comes to roads, I invite you all for a ride on our tiny island of Malta.......not much worries about the weather but corners, junctions, sharp turns, crazy car drivers ( driving in the shade) and as many potholes as you can possibly count, so pls. pls. don't complain about your roads........now for pillon with high heels, most local riders which are in their hundreds here meet at the same place Sunday morning, the HD riders dressed to kill and don't mingle, the sport bike riders dressed like they just came from a grand prix and the cruisers ( non HD) tee shirt and shorts since it's too bloody hot...... well for the ladies, I invite the gents for a look, my god..............( sorry ladies) so here goes my two pennies worth off contribution

I just had to reply, Yanks having a go at brits and vice versa, both complaining about their slang and roads....ok here goes, I have learnt English at school since the age of 5 ( very very long time ago) and yet I have to decipher both your slang.....now when it comes to roads, I invite you all for a ride on our tiny island of Malta.......not much worries about the weather but corners, junctions, sharp turns, crazy car drivers ( driving in the shade) and as many potholes as you can possibly count, so pls. pls. don't complain about your roads........now for pillon with high heels, most local riders which are in their hundreds here meet at the same place Sunday morning, the HD riders dressed to kill and don't mingle, the sport bike riders dressed like they just came from a grand prix and the cruisers ( non HD) tee shirt and shorts since it's too bloody hot...... well for the ladies, I invite the gents for a look, my god..............( sorry ladies) so here goes my two pennies worth off contribution

Malta is absolutely fantastic! Its a very beautiful place. We stay at Marsascala - we love it!

but as for your women - my dad was in the army for 38 years and a lot of his mates were married to Maltese women as they were stationed there a lot back in the 60's and 70's - they are absolutely stunning when they are young, but jaysus they grow into right ugly buggers once they hit 40! Sorry but its true! l :lol:

Malta is absolutely fantastic! Its a very beautiful place. We stay at Marsascala - we love it!

but as for your women - my dad was in the army for 38 years and a lot of his mates were married to Maltese women as they were stationed there a lot back in the 60's and 70's - they are absolutely stunning when they are young, but jaysus they grow into right ugly buggers once they hit 40! Sorry but its true! l :lol:

Well that's changed a bit, must have been lack of education and exposure to the outside world, as for my OH she is 46 and looks 35 apart from the grumbling whick makes her sound 60+ hehehehe things have changed here when was your last visit ?

cheers

Well that's changed a bit, must have been lack of education and exposure to the outside world, as for my OH she is 46 and looks 35 apart from the grumbling whick makes her sound 60+ hehehehe things have changed here when was your last visit ?

cheers

Lets see a piccy of yor lovely missus then!

Was last there in 2005 - will hopefully be going back either nest year or the year after :D

Oh no you didn't :lol:

We have corners too! At every intersection just like you <GD&R>

Guest Exupnutta

We have corners too! At every intersection just like you <GD&R>

Can I explain something please... Our roads are TINY... You'd be driving in the middle of our roads and still complaining it's too narrow in comparison to what is a "lane" in a the states. That picture does show some NICE tarmac, but that's nothing to a country hack in the UK :lol:

Your cars wouldn't even make it through some of our roads... they'd get STUCK / wedged in :lol:

There I was driving my Humvee when crunch I got stuck on a country lane with stone walls either side in the middle of nowhere... that's if it makes it that far :o:lol:

God save the queen :)

There I was driving my Humvee when crunch I got stuck on a country lane with stone walls either side in the middle of nowhere... that's if it makes it that far :o:lol:

You have a Hummer?

Scott

merv

Well, @ least some roads don't have potholes Merv.

You should see the sad POS street I live on! :icon_rolleyes: .......It's No wonder I ride a DualSport! :D

Can I explain something please... Our roads are TINY... You'd be driving in the middle of our roads and still complaining it's too narrow in comparison to what is a "lane" in a the states. That picture does show some NICE tarmac, but that's nothing to a country hack in the UK :lol:

Your cars wouldn't even make it through some of our roads... they'd get STUCK / wedged in :lol:

God save the queen :)

I am well aware of what English and European roads are like. I was there as a child and then again in the Army stationed in Germany. You have not lived till you have to drive a 2 1/2 ton large truck with trailer through small German towns. I swear that many german roads were laid out by following a wander goat, and they didn't bother to widen the track much from the goat trail when they paved it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online