YZFR125 Rear Brake

Adam_Sciberras
This post is 5699 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My bike has just come out of the shop from its first service and the rear brake is making a really loud scream when i come to a stop

anybody got ne ideas on what it could be ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi Adam

i'm having similar problem and i was told to try blowing the brake dust out with an airline, i will try this and let you know the outcome.

I was told the high pitch squealing is the brake pads resonating on the disk and you have to apply copper slip to something in the caliper, but im not sure what. I also have a yzf-r125 just done another 200 miles after service and am having this problem.

I was told the high pitch squealing is the brake pads resonating on the disk and you have to apply copper slip to something in the caliper, but im not sure what. I also have a yzf-r125 just done another 200 miles after service and am having this problem.

i'm going to take mine back to garage and get them to sort it out, afterall it's still under warrinty and i reckon this could be a problem with this model and they might have to do some sort of factory modification.

i'm going to take mine back to garage and get them to sort it out, afterall it's still under warrinty and i reckon this could be a problem with this model and they might have to do some sort of factory modification.

I would definitely chuck it back at the garage - they should have sorted this/identified it at the service. But if you want to DIY then you will need to take out the pads and apply a SMALL (emphasize SMALL - don't let this get on the wrong side of the pads) amount of copperslip to the back of the pads - this should stop the noise.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online