dtr 125 derestricting

This post is 5684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi peeps ! own a dt125r 1999 model, but the performance should be better ! i,ve read dt125r.net derestricting technicues.however does,nt say anything about carb jetting,surely if the front pipe has been derestricted (ie ring removed) then it would need rejetting ? as its now like a performance pipe compared to the old one.also my bike seems exceptionally slow, 45 to 50 mph without screaming the engine max ! in 6 gear. heard lot of people getting 75 mph plus wheelies.nice, but want to get mine better or at least find whats wrong with my bike,so can fix it ! got 1 size bigger front sprocket coming,as 1st gear is way too low. any help/advice appreciated powervalve turns (clockwise when revved) viewed from l/h of bike,is this right ? front pipe has been derestricted (by previous owner),new plug,starts easily.running out of ideas.seen some dt,s pull away and they scream. thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi peeps ! own a dt125r 1999 model, but the performance should be better ! i,ve read dt125r.net derestricting technicues.however does,nt say anything about carb jetting,surely if the front pipe has been derestricted (ie ring removed) then it would need rejetting ? as its now like a performance pipe compared to the old one.also my bike seems exceptionally slow, 45 to 50 mph without screaming the engine max ! in 6 gear. heard lot of people getting 75 mph plus wheelies.nice, but want to get mine better or at least find whats wrong with my bike,so can fix it ! got 1 size bigger front sprocket coming,as 1st gear is way too low. any help/advice appreciated powervalve turns (clockwise when revved) viewed from l/h of bike,is this right ? front pipe has been derestricted (by previous owner),new plug,starts easily.running out of ideas.seen some dt,s pull away and they scream. thanks

i have also just bought a dt but it is an 03, go on you tube and you will find a video on the pwer valve

Hi mate,you shouldnt need to up jet if your engine is not spluttering and the temp stays fine,i have a 94 dtr with full dep system and my bike will hit 80mph with the standered jet setting,sputtering engine + high temp= upjet,if not leave it as is.Also it might be worth disconecting the servo and pinning your powervalve open as it may be restricted,your right it does turn to the left to open when reved but if its restricted it will close again at about 5/6k

hey,

i got a DT125R 1998 model

if i was u i would leave the power valve alone no need to touch it (i did mine messed up the peformance)

all u need to do is put a DEP pipe system on it (about £150)

and change ur sprocket size's,

there is also a restricter in the under the speedo but i cant find it on mine lol,

u also wanna take the snorkel of the airbox under neithe the seat,

and most people jet them up by about 2 size's,

iv done all this to mine and i can onestly say mine does just under a tone,

i hope this helps

good look from spammy

• 3 weeks later...

I have a DT 125R 2006. Feels slow as anything got a full DEP system anything else I can do increase it's speed. Top end would be nice but more importantly off the lights.

How about earth the cable behind the speedo?? makes so much of a diference

In the connector block behind the speedo is a cable black with green stripe? cant remember at the mo but its the only one with out another cable coming out the other side of the connector block all you do is jus cut that then earth it cleanly somewhere on the frame or yokes. just crimp it or wrap it around a bolt and do it up tight, makes a huge diference best mod i made on mine.

How about earth the cable behind the speedo?? makes so much of a diference

In the connector block behind the speedo is a cable black with green stripe? cant remember at the mo but its the only one with out another cable coming out the other side of the connector block all you do is jus cut that then earth it cleanly somewhere on the frame or yokes. just crimp it or wrap it around a bolt and do it up tight, makes a huge diference best mod i made on mine.

Yeah I tried that... didn't seem to make any difference at all... maybe I haven't done it correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

hi people i used to have a dtr125 and i had all the same probs .it was slow as fu*k .

so what to do now

1.in the expansion chamber on the exaust cut it and remove the restrictor.

2. while the exaust is off look down the exaust port and see where the power vave is. turn the ignition on if its sticking down after the ignition is turned on you need to turn it 180 degrese then ajust it with the cables so it sits flush with the exaust port turn ignition on and off again and make sure its flush.

3.remove snorkle from air box

4. on the inlet manafold the black rubber what the carb is atatcht to you need to remove that and when you look at it when its off there is a funny v shape bit on it there needs to be cut flush and and open the little hole up a little bit so it gets more oil.

5.and last but not least there is a little thing in the clocks next to 1 of the bulbs take it out and wrap it with black tape and just let it hang .

hope this helps

ps enjoy happy wheelying lol

or get a rd125lc engine and do a transplant or a 350lc engine and do a transplant lol

i have a 0'7 plate dtx

this is all mods i did and it wheelies 1st and 2nd sometimes 3rd depending if you've got the nack

and still been clocked at 110mph really screaming though

changed to a dep system, altered the cables on the powervalve so it's more open (yes the '07 models are cable operated), put a 17 sprocket on the front (origonal is a 16) thats it

'07 models dont ave the white block to earth, you can remove the vacuum bo above the carb but this improves performance so y bother

i have a fairly broad knowledge of the later models as well as some ov the older ones any one need help dont hesitate to contact me email [email protected]

cheers

DTXracer

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online