my new ride

yamaha r 125
This post is 5681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

take some pics when you atually get it out the shop eh ? :P

Brilliant looking lil bikes. No idea how well they perform etc, but if they come close to their bigger brothers, y ou are in for a good time.

Enjoy, BUT BE SAFE!

Brilliant looking lil bikes. No idea how well they perform etc, but if they come close to their bigger brothers, y ou are in for a good time.

Enjoy, BUT BE SAFE!

Had mine for about 2 months now, handling is great feels safe and is as big as its older brothers, good if your tall.

Top speed is 76. could do with a bit more power but it is only a 125 :P

Got a double bubble screen seat cowel tank pad and crash bars fitted to mine

Looks the bussiness :D

I wanted to mod mine just to be one of the first, havent got a clue where to start.

Could probably do something with the Fuel injection and put a can on.

ok ok the real reason i want to do it is because my housemate has one too and i want mine to be faster :P

Had mine for about 2 months now, handling is great feels safe and is as big as its older brothers, good if your tall.

Top speed is 76. could do with a bit more power but it is only a 125 :P

Got a double bubble screen seat cowel tank pad and crash bars fitted to mine

Looks the bussiness :D

I wanted to mod mine just to be one of the first, havent got a clue where to start.

Could probably do something with the Fuel injection and put a can on.

ok ok the real reason i want to do it is because my housemate has one too and i want mine to be faster :P

sounds good!

pics?

oh and with a can on it, it will go alot quicker

this video has the proof

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VidHkSnf5BM

finialy got it :D and love it

just got to run it in :mellow:

cant wait to get it so i can see how fast it will go when fully run in

here a few pics

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/sto...ex/DSC00086.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/sto...ex/DSC00087.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb1/sto...ex/DSC00088.jpg

(need a tail tidy dont like back bit at all :wacko::shrug: dunno why it like that :shrug: )

any way tell us what you think

think i might have to get a scorpion exhaust bit on the steap side thou £300

any one know were there cheaper???

if so let us know

and if your in sheffield and want to got out on drive drop me pm

but remember no motorways :angry: lol

Congratulations on a bike that is the best thing in its class. The others have a lot to do to come close I reckon.

However, as for an exhaust, I wouldnt bother. I you take it over your allowed BHP level, and if you have a coming together, you will not be insured etc etc. I would bide my time if I was you. You have a lifetime in front of you for faster machines. So, while you are at the start of a massive learning curve, I would concentrate on getting the basics of regular riding learnt. Then, it will be time for a bigger bike anyway, and the jump will be even more pronounced then.

If you are going to modify it at all, I would lose that absolutely VILE rear end, and replace it with something more pleasing to the eye. Its bigger Brothers also have the same abhorrence, and the look is improved instantly with a tail tidy.

Congratulations on a bike that is the best thing in its class. The others have a lot to do to come close I reckon.

However, as for an exhaust, I wouldnt bother. I you take it over your allowed BHP level, and if you have a coming together, you will not be insured etc etc. I would bide my time if I was you. You have a lifetime in front of you for faster machines. So, while you are at the start of a massive learning curve, I would concentrate on getting the basics of regular riding learnt. Then, it will be time for a bigger bike anyway, and the jump will be even more pronounced then.

If you are going to modify it at all, I would lose that absolutely VILE rear end, and replace it with something more pleasing to the eye. Its bigger Brothers also have the same abhorrence, and the look is improved instantly with a tail tidy.

good advice taz

tail tidys can be bought for around £50

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online